Home

Top 5 Rated Players in NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Top 5 Rated Players in NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #17
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfan919
While I do believe Lattimore is one of the best RB's in the nation, he is just coming off of knee surgery, really surprised at his rating. Will make playing with my Gamecocks easier though!
Of course you do he's plays for your team lol...

He is darn good but he's coming off a injury and only played 1 full season hasn't he? By that I mean started and played every game.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Top 5 Rated Players in NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Actually it's not. Sure they cant use the player's name. But they can make them mostly accurate in other ways. What I consider to be "worthwhile rosters" are rosters that arent missing players and have atleast decently accurate player and team ratings

Have you not seen how abysmally bad the rosters are this year?

The rosters being bad aren't that big of a deal to me because we edit them and have people that do a great job with it. Really it's been something I expect every year with this game.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerForce
The rosters being bad aren't that big of a deal to me because we edit them and have people that do a great job with it. Really it's been something I expect every year with this game.
Fair enough. But for me, it does remove half of the online play. It's almost pointless to play ranked and unranked games because of how bad the rosters are
Old 07-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Fair enough. But for me, it does remove half of the online play. It's almost pointless to play ranked and unranked games because of how bad the rosters are
Ohhh good call, see I dont play too much online so it doesnt get me there.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

ea made up for keeping marcus lattimore's injury rating high by giving sc one of the slowest qb's in the sec then putting a 241 pound guy at corner
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #22
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
ea made up for keeping marcus lattimore's injury rating high by giving sc one of the slowest qb's in the sec then putting a 241 pound guy at corner
But Holloway (#21 CB for SC) is 241 lbs.!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #23
Rookie

TherealUSCgcocks's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingleberryfinn
But Holloway (#21 CB for SC) is 241 lbs.!
Devonte holloman is our spur which is a linebacker/db made for the 4-2-5. I have no idea why he is at corner
Old 07-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #24
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
So in the middle of an ongoing lawsuit about that fact u want 100% accurate rosters out the box? Unbelievable!!!!
They already won the lawsuit that matters. The Keller lawsuit, which is still pending (trial not until 2013), is focused on ownership of collegiate athletes likenesses. EA, who were co-defendants in the case with the NCAA and the CLC, were initially dismissed from the case but were re-added as defendants later on.

The case is more far-reaching than EA, who frankly should not be included in this lawsuit and I am guessing they are dismissed from the case at a later date. The case is about ownership of likeness rights, on things from jerseys to shirts to team marketing and on down the line. Even a victory in this case will have only limited impact on EA, who has existing case law on their side from a creative arts standpoint.

I frankly don't see how the player side of this case would ever be won, I just don't see a judicial body granting them financial stake over their likeness while voluntarily playing amateur athletics.

Either way, that case won't be decided well into the development cycle for NCAA 15 and existing case law already grants EA the ability to do anything they want with rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerForce
Dude they can't. It is never going to happen. It is unlawful for them to have what you think are "worthwhile" rosters.

Are people seriously complaining about rosters? The hell?
It is very much lawful. Actually, the existing case law from the Hart vs Electronic Arts Inc. allows EA to be exact with their rosters. The way the decision was written, the first amendment protects the creative expression of likenesses over any artistic medium, which includes video games.

There are a lot of reasons why EA's rosters are never accurate, but the law is not one of them.

Quote:
Actually it's not. Sure they cant use the player's name. But they can make them mostly accurate in other ways. What I consider to be "worthwhile rosters" are rosters that arent missing players and have atleast decently accurate player and team ratings

Have you not seen how abysmally bad the rosters are this year?
They're awful and as someone who plays online quite a bit, it drastically influences my gaming experience. I can't even use my alma mater online because guys are just rated flat out incorrectly.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »