Home

What will your Custom Playbook look like?

This is a discussion on What will your Custom Playbook look like? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What will your Custom Playbook look like?

Hello All. In NCAA 12 the Custom Playbook feature was added and even though there were several glitches and bugs, it still was a great added feature. Im sure some of you are planning on trying some new playbook ideas, and others are going to be using the same one.

But hey, What will your custom playbook look like?

I will post mine later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: What will your Custom Playbook look like?

I always make a few depending on what teams I'm controlling in my dynasties. My favorite two are the Ace/shotgun passing attack and the I-form running attack.

For the passing play book I stick to ace formations, especially the ace spread and a couple other 1 TE formations, and I throw in a couple 2 TE formations for when I need to run or throw short to TEs. I also have most of the standard shotgun formations with 1 RB and 1 TE. I find keeping the position layouts similar for most of your formations makes it a bit harder for your opponent (for humans at least) to figure out what play to call. The HB cutback out of ace spread is a deadly running play, I've found.

I have more fun setting up the running playbook though. I put in most of the standard I formations along with a couple strong I formations. I also like to mix in some flexbone forms, and if they fixed some of the passing plays out of them I'll do it more. I've run entire games using just the standard I and strong-I formation (other than a few goalline plays and special teams) and you can pass and run out of both formations effectively enough that the D never knows what's coming. If PA is working well this year I'll ramp that up out of I-form too.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

For my offline dynasty I will be running a mixture of the One Back and Run and Shoot formation. My running game will be mostly one back with the occasional I-form and my passing attack will be mostly Shotgun with the occasional play action fake out of the Ace/singleback.

So my three formations will be I-form/Ace/Shotgun and I will also include probably some sort of change-of-pace formation that'll keep the CPU defense confused. Whether it's Wildcat or Flexbone, I will figure that out when im looking at the plays.

------------------------
My defensive formation won't become needed until I become a HC but I have a couple ideas. For Defense, I base it off of the players around me. Unlike Offense, where I make the players around me fit my scheme. I am usually a huge 4-3 guy. As a longtime Bucs fan, the Tampa 2 is pretty much the formation I run out of the 4-3 with movement from my linebackers. But this year, I think I will get a taste of the 3-4/3-3-5. Simply because, I usually am **** at defnese
Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Mine will look just like my old one. I'm a power running spread option guy so I'll have 3-4 pistols including full house and a couple with 2 TEs or FB/TE. I'll have 1 I-form for "just in case" situations (in '12 I averaged less than 12 I-formations throughout an entire season). I'll have the wishbone tight and power-I as my goal line formations. The rest of my playbook (in '12 I had it completely maxed out) will be all shotgun (I had 23 SG formations in '12 - heavy, slot F wing, 2 splits, 2 2TE formations, 8 3WR/1TE/1HB sets, 5 4WR/1HB sets, and 4 empty sets ranging from 5WR to 3WR/1TE/1HB).

It'll be loading with tons of options, QB designed runs (I LOVE that wraps actually work in the demo), HB designed runs, WR designed runs and various spread passes.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

IMO everyone does the same thing, at least online. You get a many 5 wide variations as you can and then as many power running (every single play book is going to have the Maryland I only for that counter play) so you have the best of both worlds.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
IMO everyone does the same thing, at least online. You get a many 5 wide variations as you can and then as many power running (every single play book is going to have the Maryland I only for that counter play) so you have the best of both worlds.
As you can see from my post, I don't have Maryland-I in my pb, nor do I have any power running under center formations except for 1 which I use less than once per game, but then again, I steer clear of ranked matches and only play guys on TSO and in my offline.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

I will be making 5 (or more) playbooks:

1. Multiple Option- Some Flexbone+Some Wishbone+Shotgun Read Option and any other option plays I can find.

2. Misdirection- Any unbalanced formations or ones with multiple receivers on either side of the formation. Also included any misdirection plays or counters.

3. Power/Spread- Mixture of I form and Shotgun

4. Run and Fun and Gun- My favorite plays with a few trick plays mixed in.

5. Spread QB Heavy- Something like what I expect the OSU to run this year under Urban.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Seeing as San Jose States starting QB is a "Scrambler" I might have a more spread offense going this year. It'll just me a mix of that and Ace and of course the just in case formations if I am in need of picking up 3 tough yards on third and short.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »