Home

NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #25
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread

Played around in Heisman mode. They programmed it like they want you to have insane stats. Put Barry on Wisconsin and through three games (FCS, Utah State, Oregon State) I have around 150 carries for 1,612 yards and 30 TDs. Probably done with it. I will wait for rosters doing a rebuild dynasty instead, I think. Maybe I saved someone the waste of trying it out. lol The different mini accomplishments and medals are a nice touch though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #26
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Well.. as much as I TRY to love this game, it is full of bugs. I am one who is okay with little change but along with everyone else, I HATE feeling like I am testing THEIR game.. how the heck do these guys miss things like the video I posted? This are things that SHOULD NEVER be messed up.

Bugged Playcalling Menu (Locks up randomly, have to pause/unpause)
QB hands ball off, HB drops it, counts it as incomplete pass?! (Video below)

I am sure there are more.. I like the game, but these bugs are getting ridiculous for a retail game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxj71...ature=youtu.be *GLITCH OF HB FUMBLE CALLED INCOMPLETE PASS*
Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
=
QB hands ball off, HB drops it, counts it as incomplete pass?! (Video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxj71...ature=youtu.be *GLITCH OF HB FUMBLE CALLED INCOMPLETE PASS*
I had the same thing happen to me on an option play where my QB made a bad pitch resulting in a fumble.

As soon as the RB picked the ball up, the refs blew the play dead:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/125462640
Old 07-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

So here are two examples of the horrible option AI defense:

This first video the corner back shuffles his feet very slowly and never does anything else, while the safety back pedals until he gets to the middle of the field and then just stops:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/125466153

This second video, I don't even know what position this guy is, but at the top of the screen you will see a Boise State player back pedaling until he gets out of bounds. What you don't see is his continuation to back pedal even out of bounds until I have run past him. Once I run past him, he attempts to get into the play but ive scored already.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/125466131

The game that both of these videos occurred on were Heisman difficulty. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that this happened.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 6

So far the game is enjoyable and seems like a decent base. Progression seems good. I'm just crossing my fingers that no game killing dynasty killing junk is found. Please EA. Please. Just 1 enjoyable year in the last 3.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
So here are two examples of the horrible option AI defense:

This first video the corner back shuffles his feet very slowly and never does anything else, while the safety back pedals until he gets to the middle of the field and then just stops:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/125466153

This second video, I don't even know what position this guy is, but at the top of the screen you will see a Boise State player back pedaling until he gets out of bounds. What you don't see is his continuation to back pedal even out of bounds until I have run past him. Once I run past him, he attempts to get into the play but ive scored already.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/125466131

The game that both of these videos occurred on were Heisman difficulty. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that this happened.
Yeah, the pursuit AI is looking really bad so far. Both for human team AI and CPU team AI.

I've seen defenders literally run out of bounds with no one around them instead of running up the field and tackling a ball carrier directly in front of them.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Played one game totally got bored. AI CBs on the AI D plays off 10 yards just about every play and slants and curls are an easy 10 yards for a first down. This need to be looked into that. AI calls way to many RB screen plays and my LBs sniff them out ever time. Overall the AI plays just ok. AI really needs a lot of work to be honest when it comes to gameplay.

Presentation is pretty good. Crowd still seems a dead alot of the time. But overall the presentation is pretty good.. But for now this is not a day one buy for me. I feel that the AI gameplay is what is keeping me from buying the game. This really some improvement before I buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #32
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
So far......CPU QB is 0 for 7 on screen plays. All of them ended up in sacks, with 4 of them resulting in a sack fumble. I thought they said the QB will drift AWAY from the pressure on screens ? All I see them doing is going back back back back in a straight line and then just stand there.

And this on All American.
I think it has to do with QB awareness because i was florida playing Oregon and the Oregon QB would not throw the ball on screens all game. So i quit the game and go into practice mode with same teams and same thing the Oregon QB does not throw to the hb on screens its either a sack or the QB scrambles.
So i looked at the Oregon's QB stats and his Awareness is 74, now im thinking that has to be the main problem. Now i go into rosters and see who are the high rated qbs this year and the USC QB is the hightest rated and his awareness was in the 90's so i take USC and Florida in practice mode run the same screen play and QB gets rid of the ball every play. no sacks and the qb doesnt scamble. Also the Oregon QB didnt play any better on AA or Hiesmen.

Hope EA can fix this or one of the slider pros. Despite that im enjoying the game alot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »