Home

triple threat athletes thread..

This is a discussion on triple threat athletes thread.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation triple threat athletes thread..

I think this will be one of the most important features that I am going to use and abuse in my dynasty as a rebuilding school.

Does anybody know how this feature will work? Do the players take a ratings hit if you try to play them in a different position like previous versions of the game?

Can somebody that has the game see how this all works please. None of the reviews I have read say anything about triple threat athletes specifically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
From what i heard, they would have usable/similar ratings at multiple positions. So maybe 75 WR 72 CB or 70 HB 71 LB. just from what I saw, don't have facts
Old 07-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: triple threat athletes thread..

i think the point of it is to have an athlete who has more than just the ratings necessary for wr or hb. instead now you might have an athlete who comes in as a 70 wr and a 67 cb and you have to decide what fits your need better
Old 07-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

They are a phenomenal addition to recruiting. Two examples:

- I signed the No. 1 ATH and he was an 81 OVR RB, 80 CB and 83 FS. I'm going to put him at CB where I have a greater need but will also let him play some RB. 92 speed, 88 accel, 85 jump, 94 man cov, 87 play recognition, 91 spin move, 85 spin, 82 carrying.

- Another guy I signed who was a "gem" (rating was +7 by the time I got him 100% scouted): 90 speed, 80 catching, 85 route running, 86 elusiveness, 91 throw power, 78 throw accuracy. I put him at QB but his ratings were better at WR.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Just recruited a guy who could play WR (75 OVR) and both Safety positions (72 OVR). I needed immediate help at SS so I converted him and he's coming into the year starting as a freshman.

I love the addition of 3X athletes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Is this for all athletes, some athletes or only the most elite ones?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox15
They are a phenomenal addition to recruiting. Two examples:

- I signed the No. 1 ATH and he was an 81 OVR RB, 80 CB and 83 FS. I'm going to put him at CB where I have a greater need but will also let him play some RB. 92 speed, 88 accel, 85 jump, 94 man cov, 87 play recognition, 91 spin move, 85 spin, 82 carrying.

- Another guy I signed who was a "gem" (rating was +7 by the time I got him 100% scouted): 90 speed, 80 catching, 85 route running, 86 elusiveness, 91 throw power, 78 throw accuracy. I put him at QB but his ratings were better at WR.
This post got me extremely excited.
Chelsea FC
Old 07-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #8
Rookie

So if I start a guy at rb and at MLB he won't take an insane awareness drop like last years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »