Home

What playbook to use in NCAA 13?

This is a discussion on What playbook to use in NCAA 13? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #41
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What playbook to use in NCAA 13?

LMAO at all the "Custom playbooks are cheese" any play can be stopped with the right defense.

I love custom playbooks. I get to customize my style. I use Oregon State's as a base. I run a lot of ACE and a couple shotgun forms (ones I can run in with the draw) and then I have one I formation, and the Maryland Power I for my goal line. On defense I use the 4-2-5 base. I mostly run the 4-2-5, 3-3-5, 3-3-5 Stack, 3-3-5 Okie, Nickel, 3-4 Predator, dime and then I use the 4-4 for most of my goal line D. Works great, I get so many stops inside the 5 and 10 yard lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #42
Rookie

Tate's Arena

I like the spread type offense. I haven't got '13 yet, but in past iterations I would use Mizzou, Texas Tech, Florida, and Oregon playbooks.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

im going with multiple on offense and defense.. i have a quick rb and a decent speed qb.. so wisconsins wasnt cutting it and oregons was to fast paced
Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 14

ASU's playbook is really nice if you like a majority of shotguns formations that have a bit of options along with other designed running plays mixed in. Really liking it so far!
Multiple PB is probably my 2nd fav that I've found.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #45
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
All of the plays in every playbook are very similar...the only real difference is available FORMATIONS.

Personally I use the PB that belongs to the team I'm controlling. I try to keep it 100% real. Enjoy
100% real to what some guy at ea set up.

Im pretty sure alot of the playbooks can be made alot more authentic. LSU for example will be changing style with the new qb this year and good run game. the playbook in game is what they did last year with jefferson. plus tons of coordinators have changed and those arent reflected well unless they were a OC last year for a D1 school
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #46
Rookie

Been a big fan of FSU's playbook since last year, love the combo of good running plays and formations with a little pistol for good measure!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 1

Custom with (from memory so I might be a little off)
Shotgun: Split, Spread, Offset Split, Normal
Strong I: H-pro, normal, Y-slot
Ace: Slot, spread, flex, twin TE, the one with the statue of liberty play.

I keep most of the plays for each formation but do trim down the ones with a ton of plays in them, mosty removing WR screens and passing plays with routes I don't like. I'd say the majority of the time I stay in ace slot, strong I normal or shotgun spread depending on situation, with the rest thrown in every once and a while.

I tried a pistol focused play book but never could run it as effectively as the corresponding ace or I formations. I'll give it another shot someday.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #48
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I pretty much got shut down in my OD last night by some tight man coverage. Late in the game I was getting open on some double routes. I'm running with North Carolina using Wisconsin's playbook. I only found a couple double routes in that playbook. Anyone know a good playbook with a lot of double routes? Preferably a Pro-Set, but I am willing to change my style if needed.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »