Home

Testing abysmal cpu option w/slot wr

This is a discussion on Testing abysmal cpu option w/slot wr within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Testing abysmal cpu option w/slot wr

Hey Husker,

That is encouraging. Did you use any sliders or was it just default AA?

Thanks !!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Testing abysmal cpu option w/slot wr

They do tend to have success when theres a TE on the LOS and no slot wr as the TEs are programmed to block. The issue is the spread option. Slot blocking has been completely broken for me. Perhaps its an aberration but i doubt it as my sample size has been fair and the teams used have been multiple.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester7742
Once again im baffled by this failure. Ive had the cpu run 48 options thus far with a slot WR (oregon, nebraska, minnesota, ohio st, georgia tech, kansas st were my test subjects as they have some of the faster qbs) and the slot wr has completely ignored the defender and ran downfield 44 TIMES!!! 91.6% of the slot options run have resulted in drive crippling losses. Of those 44 failed blocks, 34 of the drives have failed to get another first down. These drive crippling fundamental failures are unacceptable. I play on Heisman, if that matters. This needs to be addressed ASAP as it completely changes the dynamic when playing these heavy option teams. Im fully aware these issues have been around forever as ive been playing 200 games a year since Bill Walshs Fball but to have this fundamental error AGAIN right off the bat after last years option debacle is unreal. Sigh...........
Have you tried hot-routing the Slot WR to block? Of course this shouldn't be required for the play to work, but maybe it'd help the play's functionality for non-CPU use.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Hey Husker,

That is encouraging. Did you use any sliders or was it just default AA?

Thanks !!
It was default AA. Im likely just a bad player, but thats what makes it so great, i dont have the problems others do. Game stays freash,and coincedentily i get thrashed by an option team.

Honestly though, i got ran all over and tore up.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #13
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
It was default AA. Im likely just a bad player, but thats what makes it so great, i dont have the problems others do. Game stays freash,and coincedentily i get thrashed by an option team.

Honestly though, i got ran all over and tore up.
Can't fault the dude for being honest about it.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 AM   #14
Banned

wipeout463, Im referring specifically to the computers ability to run the option. Ill just avoid the play if its broken. For me personally, I enjoy the challenge of tough games and embrace losing here and there. These gigantic 6-10 yard losses that kill drives take a lot of points off the board and f*&#$ up the competetive balance of the game. Its maddening when playing a quality team only to see them continually self destruct because of the inability to block a 3rd CB.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #15
Banned

When i do run option i stick to Speed, load, lead and read option to the TE side or to the weak side. They have been working well for me and the computer. knock on wood......
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »