Home

Whats the big idea, no custom controls?!!!

This is a discussion on Whats the big idea, no custom controls?!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Whats the big idea, no custom controls?!!!

Good morning. Is it just me not being able to figure it out or can I NOT customize my controller? If not, that wasn't a very good idea. The swat button is mapped to the left bumper with the main problem being that strafe is mapped to the left trigger.

Follow me here gents while I break this issue down. I enjoy playing the CB or SS/FS position. Playing those positions means you need to utilize very precision movement to get into place to defend passes. The ability to utilize strafe and swat at the same time is crucial. With both actions mapped to the same side of the controller, I can only do one or the other, makes zero sense.

See what I'm saying? If I want to swat, I have to let go of the strafe button which translates into slipping out of position because of the twitchy player movement (thats another story). On top of that, since moving your actual avatar is based on the left thumb on the left stick, its very difficult if not impossible to use the left index finger for anything OTHER than strafing with the left trigger. Not good design at all. Unlock the controls please. Can a game changer or anyone who has a direct link to these guys let them know this? This is really irking me here. Thanks a mil ticket.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 07-08-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Whats the big idea, no custom controls?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
it seems like you're stuck with it. EA stated somewhere (if someone has a link or quote, thank you) that they were "unifying" madden and ncaa controls. i'm pretty sure this removal of custom button layouts was definitely intentional.
you are not missing something. they removed the ability to remap your buttons on purpose.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
MVP

Got it. We now have another problem though. The damn left bumper swat doesn't even work!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
I also have an issue with the button placement because now I have to play a different position in RTG/HC than WR because of the new "reaction time". Since they put it at the LT, I can't user strafe anymore and I found the Desmond Howard to be the hardest of all the HC's because u can't user strafe so I had to make each catch in stride.

Sent from my Dead Man's Invention using Tapatalk

Check out my Podcast here
Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Got it. We now have another problem though. The damn left bumper swat doesn't even work!!!
i have heard if you delete your tuning data, then reboot ncaa, this issue resolves itself.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...me-broken.html
NCAA - CLEMSON

Last edited by CRIP4LIFE; 07-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
i have heard if you delete your tuning data, then reboot ncaa, this issue resolves itself.
Coolness. Should the tuner be reinstalled after you delete it or just don't use the tuner at all? Strange thing is, I could've sworn that swat was working yesterday and that was with the tuner update.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Coolness. Should the tuner be reinstalled after you delete it or just don't use the tuner at all? Strange thing is, I could've sworn that swat was working yesterday and that was with the tuner update.
i added a link to the thread where they are discussing it.. it seems that once deleted, and then auto-reinstalled upon next boot fixes it?

i'm not sure. this didn't happen to me. but worth a try i guess.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Use the impressions or bug/glitch thread please.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »