Home

Recruiting Gems and Busts

This is a discussion on Recruiting Gems and Busts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #65
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by operationsport
Does he take a huge drop in ratings when you play him at halfback? Or does he stay the same?
Why would he? Both positions are in his skillset.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #66
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
What exactly do you guys mean by dynamic progression?
To me it means their progression is determined by this equation or something like it:

Progresson = Playing time + Potential + Coaching + Playing Style (+ Training)

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #67
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Recruiting Gems and Busts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I totally understand that you will get a more accurate picture of their skills by scouting them. That makes perfect sense. To label these players as gems or busts before they've even accepted a scholarship doesn't sound right. I just think terms gem and bust don't relate in this gaming situation.

I get that they want to congratulate you for finding out that a player is actually a few points lower than the initial rating, but that doesn't qualify them as a bust IMO.

Call somebody a bust when they were a 5 star recruit that showed up on campus with a 68 rating and progressed to a 74 as a senior.
i got you, maybe i can help. think of it this way. your scout comes back and says this guy is 100% a bust or gem. you listen to that you believe that. thats what you hired him to do. i get in real life there are those 1 in a 100 that are not bust or not gems. I get that the fact that you knowwhat they are before you get them can seem off. but also its relevant. as a one star team a four star bust is actually a gem. he might only be a 65 after scouting which is great for 1 star team. also remember that overalls mean nothing in this game. its just a grade, much like when rivals gives a player a number to gauge them (example 4.5). you can recruit a player who is a bust because his awarness is terrible but his speed and accel might be awesome and he ends up being a great contributor. I do get what you saying about wanting to know if hes a gem or bust after you sign but with reduced rosters it might not be practical yet.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #68
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

I personally love this new element to recruiting. In the "real world" scouting works very similar to this. Ex... Asst coach heads off to scout a kid, after watching him practice and watching him play, he has a good idea if the kid is better or worse than advertised. If the kid was really impressive the asst. probably grabs his cell phone and calls the head coach and tells him "we need to offer this kid"...........or..........."coach, I think weve found a diamond"!!! However, if the kid the asst. was scouting performed poorly, the asst probably doesnt jump on the phone so quickly. When he does, he probably tells the head coach, "I wasnt very impressed. I think we should move Jackson, Lindsey, and Thomas ahead of him on the board".
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #69
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
What exactly do you guys mean by dynamic progression?
If I have a 65 rated RB who rushes for 2k yards and 25 tds he should probably progress more than a 70 rated RT who is third string and never plays.. and dynamic means the RB should be increasing during the season..

non dynamic progression is what EA has now where it's pretty much a blanket +5 or +6 to everyone every year
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
If I have a 65 rated RB who rushes for 2k yards and 25 tds he should probably progress more than a 70 rated RT who is third string and never plays.. and dynamic means the RB should be increasing during the season..

non dynamic progression is what EA has now where it's pretty much a blanket +5 or +6 to everyone every year
This is exactly what I am trying to find out. If no one posts anything on it I'll do some sims and test tomorrow after I get the game to see what comes about. I hate the blanket progression! Makes recruiting worthless after year 5 IMO
Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #71
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Was their an issue last year with dynamic progression on user teams last year. I remember looking at CPU teams with ratings adjustments across the roster during the season but hardly any indications of my players ratings changing during the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #72
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow, no real viable complaints about this yet and we're already on page 8. Looks like this system works to me.
NCAA: Auburn/Whoever Bama's playing
NFL: New England Patriots
NBA: Boston Celtics/Whoever The Heat Are Playing
NHL: Boston Bruins
NASCAR: Kyle Busch/Not Jimmie/Not Junior

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »