Home

If you can pick 1 football element EA nails, what would it be?

This is a discussion on If you can pick 1 football element EA nails, what would it be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #41
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: If you can pick 1 football element EA nails, what would it be?

I'm only gonna say this once to everyone. Marketing/Monopoly are not football elements. Keep posting those and you won't be here much longer. Keep this thread on-topic.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #42
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Touchdowns are worth 6 points.
OK, that's pretty funny.

I think passing probably is the best thing about the game, but saying they have it "nailed" is giving them a little too much credit.

Pass speeds/trajectories still seem a little off (although much better than years past), there's still very little differentiation between QBs in terms of accuracy and throw power, and the Total-Control Passing system makes me cringe just thinking about it. The ability to change a receivers route can be done in real life, but not like it's done in the game. For one, the receiver has to have the time to find the ball, and then adjust his route accordingly. Yet in this game, they instantaneously react to passes that aren't thrown where they're supposed to be by making adjustments at full speed that aren't humanly possible. The devs have even said you can "turn a curl route into an out route," in this game. Well, you know what happens in real life when a receiver runs a curl and the QB throws an out? It's an incompletion at best.

You also still have no way of throwing the ball at the receivers feet to protect him and the pass from the defender. You still can't throw elevated bullet passes when you need to get it over a defender but can't afford to have the ball float (a very useful pass in goalline situations). If you press up and throw a bullet, that ball isn't going to be placed high and with some zip, it's instead going to be chest level with your receiver breaking his line and leaking upfield a few steps ... both things that are more likely to get the pass picked off.

Passing definitely is better this year, but I can't say it's nailed. And if passing isn't nailed, then I'm not sure anything is in this game.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #43
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

maybe the phrase "nailed it" wasn't the best choice of words but what i meant is what are the football aspects that they do well.

We've all obviously seen either firsthand or on here the problems with the game. There is a lot of focus on what is wrong or bad with the game so i wanted to see what everyone thought they actually did well... in terms of football.

The reason i keep saying just football is because we always talk how the gameplay needs to improve, how gameplay should be the #1 focus. Well what are those elements of the gameplay that they do well. Trying to put some positive spin on things.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

A business model that wrings 60.00 out of rubes every year with the promise of nothing. BONUS: making customers their software development and research team and getting THEM to pay for it.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 29

I really like the pass game and also like the run game a lot I feel like I have to earn everything on the ground and it makes breaking the long ones even more enjoyable. I'm only through three dynasty games, but right now its my favorite football game
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »