Home

NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #41
Rookie

marxshut's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho
Are you sure about that?

pes·si·mism (ps-mzm)
n.
1. A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view.
Here's another definition that I think is a far more accurate description of th attitudes in this post.
1trend

verb \ˈtrend\

a : to extend in a general direction : follow a general course

The release version of this product has consistently been a beta version for the last couple of years. To expect that this version will also be a beta requiring multiple patches over the next 2-3 months before it's fully playable is realism, not pessimism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #42
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5

I spent the entire weekend playing online vs friends and have been generally pleased. every game will have strengths and weaknesses and from a gameplay perspective i think this is a stronger outing than last years. The passing game has been changed and the recievers behave more like actual recievers.

I am not lost to the fact that gameplay has changed post patch/tuner sets in the past and i feel some if it is reactionary and we do ourselves no favors but providing one sided arguments about how terrible the game. As much as we complain about developers and video games there are few industries that solicit and incorporate as much consumer feedback.

With all that being said even playing the entire weekend i dont think i can find anything that is "broken" as there is a variable, me. We often complain about the game being broken but the real issue is the user. We expect to be able to pick up a new game and play at a high level and recreate what we see on the field with out practice and reps.

Why?

just my two cents . . .

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

GT=HFIELDS
Old 07-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Are you complaining about tuners that aren't even out yet?
First tuner is out for season pass early release.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #44
Rookie

illini4life's Arena

OVR: 6

I see a lot of people saying NCAA 12 was terrible and '11 was one of the best NCAA's this gen. Wow am I different then. I hated '11 and played it the least out of any NCAA football game I've ever owned. I loved '12 and played it a crap ton. NCAA 09 and '12 are my two favorite NCAA football games this gen. To each his own I guess...

COLLEGE
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE UofI
Fighting Illini!

MLB
Dodgers!

PSN: coocath110

OSCFL- Purdue Boilermakers
Three yards and a cloud of dust- Kansas St. Wildcats
Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #45
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I wonder when the shotgun glitch is going to be corrected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #46
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Na man...what I'm saying is for the first time EVER...you have gamers who have played this game since Bill Walsh saying that they are gonna sit this year out.
First time ever? Yeah if you don't include last year.

Or the year before.

Or the year before.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #47
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
This is an interesting point and one that shouldn't just be brushed off as nonsense. I never played FNC but I can't say it surprises me to hear. The fact is, EA (lately) has a terrible history with tuner sets and moreso with patches. NCAA 11 to some was the best next gen football experience before the first patch. After the first patch it ruined the game for some people. In NCAA 12, the first patch broke no huddle offenses and took out a huge portion of the game.

Then they launch a flawed out of the box NCAA 13 in terms of offensive/defensive option plays, situational defensive AI (i.e. on option plays), safety AI, zone defense issues... Some of these are things that affect EVERYONE regardless of playstyle (like the safety AI, or the bug going around where touchbacks are put at the 25 yard line) and can make the game unplayable.

So here we are, before the game is even officially released, in need of a big patch. After looking back at EA's recent history, it's hard to say the future of NCAA 13 is anything but grim at this point. They really need to get their **** together or they will spurn a lot of buyers. It's gotten to the point now where there is no honeymoon period where 90% of the people love the game and the mood is optimistic. This release was disastrous. I've gotten into the release hype since NCAA 06 and this is by far the worst I've ever seen it.

I'm not saying it's time to completely abandon ship or the NCAA series is doomed, but it's time to start getting at least a little bit worried about the way EA is handling this franchise (if you aren't already).
The college touchback on kickoffs is the 25 yrd line, LOL hahahahaha, it's not a bug.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
The college touchback on kickoffs is the 25 yrd line, LOL hahahahaha, it's not a bug.
had i notified him of this, im sure i woulda been banned, thank you sir!
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »