Home

So where are the Great/Good impressions?

This is a discussion on So where are the Great/Good impressions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: So where are the Great/Good impressions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
The poll that was created clearly shows that there are nearly 400 of the 750 votes saying the game is either Great or Good. Yet, when I read the impressions thread, all I see is how horrible the game is.

Something doesn't add up here... Maybe those that think it is good don't feel like wasting time posting about it or what. I guess it does make sense, because if you were disappointed with it, you would be more likely to let that be known. But the poll, and the impressions thread are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum at this point.

Also, one more thing that I can't figure out. I see a lot of people saying they like the new passing, but yet are displeased with the DB coverage. Hard to make much sense of this. I wonder what the opinions would be if the DB coverage worked properly. Does that mean the passing game wouldn't be as good?
The ones saying its great/good are probably off playing it when they can. Thats where I'd be...gets mine tomorrow. I'm excited!

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

OVR: 0

Good feedback from all of you, and nice to hear. Maybe I should have just stayed clear from that impression thread, smh. The game isn't even going to cost me anything thanks to amazon gift cards, but I was still debating about picking it up just because of the impression thread. I'm pretty sure I will get it now...
Old 07-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #19
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
Good feedback from all of you, and nice to hear. Maybe I should have just stayed clear from that impression thread, smh. The game isn't even going to cost me anything thanks to amazon gift cards, but I was still debating about picking it up just because of the impression thread. I'm pretty sure I will get it now...
I've learned with years that reviews, impressions and so on are there to read and learn, but that the ultimate thing to have a better opinion is to try it ourselves.

I found NCAA 12 to be a good game. So far, I'm having fun and it's entertaining. One thing I should say though is that I'm to college ball what most people are to hockey. I won't get the deep stuff and omissions like I would with an hockey game, so I'm more the casual gamer with NCAA than I'm with NHL for example.

So far, I've saw some odds thing, and I understand that hardcore football games might have deception about the game they want to love and have fun with. To be honest, I think we wait for perfection year in, year out with EA Sports and we'll never have it. At one point you have a decision to make. Is football fix so bad that you play the game and try to make it fun or you simply don't buy it.

I wasn't planning on buying NCAA 13 this year, but after playing the demo and the pre-release with Season Ticket, I pre-ordered and will play the game a lot.

I was sitting and thinking watching tennis yesterday about the time we didn't have internet access, we have consoles and cartridge. Madden or NHL would be available, and we would buy it and play it without asking questions, without looking for problems and waisting most of our time explaining what we really want. We we're playing the game.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #20
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Their is no way this game can be considered great. This shows how the NCAA and Madden dev teams have brain-washed many in to thinking their football games is the best it can get. They have forced many into settling for mediocre, smh.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 07-09-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Like I've said the improvements from 12 really really sit with me well and I've had a blast with it. Ncaa 12 was a bore to me but 13 has caught my attention and can't wait for the rosters.

I think some people just look for reason to hate it.
People should stop trying to invalidate other people's posts.

If you like the game, great. More power to you. But, there are some of us (me included) that love the game of football, down to the most minute detail, who are frustrated with what EA Tiburon has given us this year. If we don't like the game, we aren't being negative nancy party-poopers. We just don't like the game out of the box, plain and simple.

And besides... the game can't be that good if the poll in the other thread placed everyone who voted on it on polar opposites of the spectrum. Just sayin'...

EDIT: There's some sort of logical fallacy going on in this thread. If you're looking for "good/great" impressions just to balance out the negative ones, then all you're doing is looking for people to validate the opinion you already have, just so you won't be in the minority. Either that, or you're just seriously trolling and just going against the grain for the heck of it.

Either way, if you like the game, just like it. You don't need your opinion to be validated by anyone, and you definitely don't need to invalidate everyone who has a different opinion than you...

Last edited by jWILL253; 07-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Most of those review sites don't look at football the same way people around here do. They approach the game like kids, casual gamers, and casual fans do. They are concerned more with the overall aspects of the game and don't really dive into details like hardcore football fans/gamers do. If it looks like football, sounds like football, has some cool animations, and generally gives them a pleasant time, they're not going to come down on the game because they don't have any speed rushes, double-team blocking is nonexistent on passes, wishbone CPU AI is bad, linemen don't engage defenders before leaking out on screen passes like they should, etc. These are smaller details for them and don't really detract from the experience.

The guy from IGN especially falls into this category. If you've ever seen him play the game (and he even mentions this in the beginning of his review), he's the kind of guy that drops back 20 yards and scrambles sideline to sideline before throwing a 50 yard bomb off his back foot to the opposite side of the field. Obviously, just because he plays like that doesn't mean all of them do, and just because you like the game doesn't mean you're just a casual gamer, but as far as reviewers go, they look at the game in a much more general sense then someone looking for a football sim who is looking at all the little details.

I freely admit that I've grown so tired of these games that I can't hardly play them when I get the opportunity, but the game isn't terrible. It's just average. It does a little bit of everything, but it doesn't do anything really well on the field in my opinion. So for those that don't really care about those little details and just want to play some football, you can have a really good time playing. For someone like me, who's constantly looking at the little details, I can't hardly get past the opening kickoff without shaking my head at something (zig-zag running, bad foot planting, static/patty-cake blocking). That's why you get such a wide gap in reviews/impressions.

And as for why there are so many more negative posts about the game when the community seems to be 50-50, 60-40 right now? Well, they're busy playing the game. If I had a football game I enjoyed, I wouldn't be wasting a bunch of my time on a forum ... I'd be playing. lol
well said.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Yup people who don't like it expect every else to hate it to and just bash EA. Has EA been weak and could do way more? Of course they could and I'm not blind to it but I like the game...

If you hate it then it's you're problem I guess it's not gonna effect me either way.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Their is no way this game can be considered great. This shows how the NCAA and Madden dev teams have brain-washed many in to thinking their football games is the best it can get. They have forced many into settling for mediocre, smh.
Not everyone thinks alike. What is junky to you, is someone else's pieces of art.

To each their own.

I don't have the game and I don't plan on picking it up, either for the first time in several years, but if others are enjoying it, that's fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »