Home

Ncaa football 13 purchase stories

This is a discussion on Ncaa football 13 purchase stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #49
Rookie

KellBobMD's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ncaa football 13 purchase stories

So I usually make my yearly pilgrimage down to Best Buy or the like and pick it up on release day but this year was too tempted by the Amazon Pre-order deal to let it slide. So, I ordered it and did standard shipping with my Amazon Prime (I live in Alaska so there's no "ground" option up here so everything from Amazon comes 2-3 days whether its Standard or expedited with the exception of "overnight" which I didn't pay for). I figured I'd get a shipping date and if I was going to wait beyond Wednesday I'd just get a store copy and to the 'ol switcheroo when Amazon came.

Well long-story short, my game still hasn't shipped!!! Its showing as "Shipping Soon" right now on Tuesday at 9pm eastern!

I somewhat am livid but luckily for my blood pressure and sanity (and lack of shipping confirmation) I got the Season Ticket thing and have been playing it all weekend.

I remember pre-ordering stuff from Amazon before and getting it the day of release (once the day before) or maybe a day later here in AK but not even shipped yet is pretty abysmal in my book. Anyone have any ideas why? Is it because its standard instead of express? Its still Amazon Prime- all my other stuff ships what seems like 6 hours after I order it.

May all enjoy it, I've been throwing INTs like crazy with the new passing system.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #50
Rookie

KellBobMD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasWVU
Went to walmart with my sister last night at midnight excited for the game. When we walk in, we see a white van with about 9 people in it. "What is that?" I said. "I think its a church bus." She responded. She grabs a few things, she goes to checkout. "I'll meet you at the truck." She said. "Okay." I responded, and darted to the back corner of the store to grab my copy. I get back there, alone with only the associate. "May I help you sir?" The cashier asked. "Yes, im looking to pick up a copy of NCAA Football '13 for the 360." "Are you looking for the midnight release?" He said. "Uhh I guess so." Responding confused. "Sorry, we arent having one here." The ******* replies. "Your kidding right? I came here last year at midnight and walked in the store and a dude opened the box and sold it to me." I said raging with passion. "Nobody told me I could sell the game dude." ******* replies. "This Walmart is open 24/7, there doesn't have to be a midnight release." I say. "Nobody told me I could sell them." He says for the 3rd time. I argued with this ******* for 15 minutes and went out the door pissed af. I jump in the truck "Those dudes in the van beside us are creepy." She says immediately, "One checked out behind me, followed me out of the store with his headphones blaring, and pulled out a bottle of NyQuil and chugged it." "Then he turned over at me and said that the party was getting started." "Where is your game?" "He wouldn't sell it to me." She then immediately told me to lock the doors and she headed off into the store to bitch them out. During the waiting period, I swear they are going to try to gRAPE me. The fair is in town, and I notice it is the carnies. They discussed bonfires and passed around a 2 liter of grape soda which they drank out of the bottle. They were family, thats for sure. So eventually my sister came back out, turns out they had no ncaa 13 even though the cashier before told me he couldnt sell it till tomorrow when he got word from his manager. I went home, played the early release and went and got the game AT WALMART this morning. I learned two things last night. Im never going to walmart again for a game unless I call, and im never going to the fair again. My name is LucasWVU; and this has been my NCAA 13 purchase story.
I've been there man! I tried doing the same midnight at 24 hour WalMart for like NCAA '03 and '04 and both years I would end up with some dumbfounded night guy who gave me a look as if I was asking for something he's never heard about and after asking like 3 other managers and people who would all say "your're looking for WHAT??" they as a "team" spent 45 minutes "looking" for it and then told me they didn't have it and didn't know when they were going to get it (at least your guy knew where it was). I bought it at a different store next door during normal business hours that day and just for my own peace of mind went back into WalMart and here's like 30 copies of the game sitting there in the display... I haven't tried that since

Last edited by KellBobMD; 07-10-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #51
Rookie

gysgtam's Arena

OVR: 1

While I was deployed my wife took my old games to gamestop to trade them in as part of her house cleaning or whatever and put the money from the games to preorder NCAA and Madden easy enough, I haven't had a game to play for 3 months now since I been back...talk about PTSD! anyway so I was like screw it I preordered I have off this week I am going to go to a midnight release well the gamestop she brought the games too isn't having one...but I didn't know this because I went to gamestop on my phone and dialed the number and they were like yeah we are open I was like no your not I am at the store....well I was calling the one that just opened but it is only like 3 minutes from the one I was at so no problem.

I get there and go figure Gamestops aren't networked together so even though I reserved the game at one it doesn't carryover to any others so technically i didn't rate the pre-order benefits, but they were cool there and didn't give me much hassle about it and gave me a pre-order code anyway which was cool of them I just didn't get credit for the money I put down at the other gamestop. I will have to move that money to Madden as well or something if they have a midnight release.

But the moral of the story is the gamestops have the option to work with you on the preorder benefits if they choose too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #52
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

They can't link them together. A pre-order essentially is just them ordering one extra for inventory, It's a hit or miss if they help you out or not.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #53
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I Showed up at Gamestop at about 9:59 this morning, was somewhat still intoxicated. Had just rolled out of bed wearing an undershirt, shorts, and flip flops with the worst case of bed head you have ever seen. I was cupping my hands on the glass outside the store and staring at the employees to be let in.

After i got inside, the clerk asked me if i preordered, i had not, and then tells me the features that i could've gotten for free. Then i demand that i get the features added to my purchase and share my frustration when they cannot be added.

Then i ask the clerk if got the first copy of the day. Turns out i did.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #54
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Someone has a sense of humor.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasWVU
Went to walmart with my sister last night at midnight excited for the game. When we walk in, we see a white van with about 9 people in it. "What is that?" I said. "I think its a church bus." She responded. She grabs a few things, she goes to checkout. "I'll meet you at the truck." She said. "Okay." I responded, and darted to the back corner of the store to grab my copy. I get back there, alone with only the associate. "May I help you sir?" The cashier asked. "Yes, im looking to pick up a copy of NCAA Football '13 for the 360." "Are you looking for the midnight release?" He said. "Uhh I guess so." Responding confused. "Sorry, we arent having one here." The ******* replies. "Your kidding right? I came here last year at midnight and walked in the store and a dude opened the box and sold it to me." I said raging with passion. "Nobody told me I could sell the game dude." ******* replies. "This Walmart is open 24/7, there doesn't have to be a midnight release." I say. "Nobody told me I could sell them." He says for the 3rd time. I argued with this ******* for 15 minutes and went out the door pissed af. I jump in the truck "Those dudes in the van beside us are creepy." She says immediately, "One checked out behind me, followed me out of the store with his headphones blaring, and pulled out a bottle of NyQuil and chugged it." "Then he turned over at me and said that the party was getting started." "Where is your game?" "He wouldn't sell it to me." She then immediately told me to lock the doors and she headed off into the store to bitch them out. During the waiting period, I swear they are going to try to gRAPE me. The fair is in town, and I notice it is the carnies. They discussed bonfires and passed around a 2 liter of grape soda which they drank out of the bottle. They were family, thats for sure. So eventually my sister came back out, turns out they had no ncaa 13 even though the cashier before told me he couldnt sell it till tomorrow when he got word from his manager. I went home, played the early release and went and got the game AT WALMART this morning. I learned two things last night. Im never going to walmart again for a game unless I call, and im never going to the fair again. My name is LucasWVU; and this has been my NCAA 13 purchase story.
I have had the same problems with Walmart myself, don't ever rely on them to do their job and get the game out when it should... That's why I go to best buy now, they have always been reliable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #56
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Okay points and counter points have been made. Make this about purchase stories or it will get shut down.

First/Last warning to get it back on topic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Someone has a sense of humor.
...hilarious

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »