Home

RTG Coach Trust Issue

This is a discussion on RTG Coach Trust Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #25
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: RTG Coach Trust Issue

I'm going to keep throwing examples out there in hopes that some one from EA might see this.

During practice, I run a crossing pattern. I'm leading the defender by 2-3 yards. I call for a pass. The QB throws the ball, hits the TE in the hands about 5 yards underneath me and he drops it. I get called for a "bad call for pass" and lose 20 points. Really?

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm having the same issues too. I first started my first season off bad in practice. I was playing on Heisman, no sliders, and throwing some really bad picks plus my offensive line couldn't block for ****. I turn it down to All American, I'm a little better with sacks and picks but that one sack or pick will wipe away 10 good plays. I tune it down to Varsity. One practice I go all the way to 126/200, I throw a ball to a receiver on a post route, but after I throw it he was wrongfully bumped off his route and a DB flew over for a pick. Back to 0. This **** is making me want to return the game. They need to tweak this or give us a slider to tone the ****ing penalty down some. Last year it wasn't nearly as bad. I have yet to play a game outside of high school. This is ****ing ridiculous. Please tell me EA would tweak something like this if they've heard enough stories. It's effecting my enjoyment of the game because RTG is my favorite mode.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #27
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

oh yea, its totally ridiculous and unrealistic. i just played my first game as the freshman starting quarterback for stanford (OVR 84). no practice beforehand, so went in with 0/1000 coach trust. we won the game, i went 20-27 for 282 yds, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs. had some positive rushing yardage as well. what coach trust do i come out of the game with, you might ask? -15. why, you might ask? i got sacked i think twice and had a couple RB screens that lost yards. how stupid is that, first game as a true freshmen, we win, i play really well, no interceptions, and i get punished for it. C'MON EA
Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #28
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

The logic for the coach trust is completely ridiculous and idiotic, not to mention if you're a QB you can't audible until you apparently max out the coach trust, which seems impossible so early on lol.

This mode just seems too arcade-y(the skill upgrades you buy with XP) and too illogical with the dumb losing so many points on coach trust.

I created a QB, played the high school, blah blah got to be a 5 star recruit. I selected balance as my QB type, but mostly am a pocket passer. Somehow, I end up with a rating of 81 for speed and a throwing power of 67, which is completely ridiculous to me. Then I had a throwing accuracy of 87. Now, i'm spending XP to boost my throwing power to "normal" reigns, which makes my head shake because it should be the other way around. I should be raising my accuracy, not my power.

Now, I play on AA, and the problem is simply they take too much away for negative plays. I could throw 2 straight TD passes in practice, and then 1 interception I'm back to 0. I actually think the points they give for positive plays is about right compared to how much coach trust you need, heck maybe bump up what you need in the future if you reduce the negative plays scoring.

Case in point, I'm nearing the total for the 2nd string job. I'm getting excited. Then I have a PA pass against an all out blitz. Sack. -20 points. Then the next pass, the defender jumps the curl route, -100, and I'm feeling dejected. Next one, my QB completely overthrows a post route and easily intercepted. All the way back down to 0 after just 3 plays. And the amount of time it took to get up that high in the first place? Like 3 "perfect" practices.

They need to really do some fine tuning though, because really, its ridiculous I won't be able to audible until I max the coach trust out.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was about to completely give up on playing rtg when I figured out the solution to the problem. When you start the rtg, pick one of the two lowest levels. Once you start, go and change the level to Heisman or All American. You will be able to play the games on the difficult levels but the coaches trust will be set at the easy levels where the points are very fair. At least you can once again enjoy long careers as starting qb's and rb's
Old 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwolcott
I was about to completely give up on playing rtg when I figured out the solution to the problem. When you start the rtg, pick one of the two lowest levels. Once you start, go and change the level to Heisman or All American. You will be able to play the games on the difficult levels but the coaches trust will be set at the easy levels where the points are very fair. At least you can once again enjoy long careers as starting qb's and rb's
This I guess, and something someone else mentioned in practice mode, turn off auto-save and if you screw up, exit out, reload the RTG and start over. May be cheap, but its cheap a touchdown is only worth 25 points while an interception costs 100 points.

Also, going into my 2nd year, I was still 3rd on the depth chart this time being a 99 overall, behind a 79 overall redshirt freshman. How this makes sense I don't even know.

Again, the skill upgrades you buy is just too arcade-y for me. You can max out your guy it seems in ratings year 1, which is ridiculous.

This feature just needs a lot of tuning, but hey at least I don't have to worry about studying like one version of this mode had. Oh boy, that was a hoot.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #31
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah it's pretty silly how much points they take away for things that you have 0 control over. An INT is one thing, but most of the time it's because you are stuck in a terrible play call. It's hard to imagine the guys in charge of this mode actually played it out once they came up with their logic. It's either that, or they only play the game on the easiest of settings and have no idea what happens when you crank it up to heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here is how you fix it I was having similar problems as you guys are! so first off start over with your Road to Glory series'(I know Painful!) Create your guy or watever and when the screen comes up where you select yur difficulty put it on varsity oor freshman no higher! once yu get into the mode switch the difficulty as you see fit! then everything shood be fine! worked for me it should work for you!

Last edited by 3LitE Athlete8; 07-22-2012 at 03:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »