Home

Would you be mad if EA took a year off?

This is a discussion on Would you be mad if EA took a year off? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #33
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Would you be mad if EA took a year off?

I would like if they went to a 2 year cycle but continued patching and updating the current game for that 2 year span. They could also simply make new rosters to release for the 1 year mark and charge 10 bucks for that download.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson
Old 07-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #34
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
They just need to take a year on.

If they want to make their game authentic and a simulation (which I assume that's their goal) they can't leave out important things like a extremely common facemask or up to date uniforms. For those who don't care about that or say it's not important must not watch CFB or don't want to experience the game like it's a real game on Saturdays.

There will always be flaws with the gameplay as I don't see how any video game can be prefect but they at least need to add the things that need to be in there and spend time on aspects that make the game more authentic. And I am not talking about Heisman Challenge. It might be fun little break but clearly it's authentic. It's not possible to bring back old Heisman winner to play in today's era. It's a gimmick.

I guess what I am saying is, EA needs to spend time on the things that matter in making the game authentic and making it as close as possible to the "real thing." That is unless that's not their goal.
Agreed if they can't get the gameplay right on this generation of consoles then you have to get the other stuff right (facemasks, uniforms, stadiums, crowd chants, team intros, crowd noise, ballsize).....If you think these things aren't important then you don't know college football or the pagentry of it.....taking a year off wouldn't fix a thing if you have a lazy development team and a group that doesn't care about the little details.....But hey what can I say I buy the game every year because I love college football

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 07-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Nope. Shut the franchise down for a year and get the damn game right for once.

Yet another year where the Triple Option is utterly broken due to poor blocking assignments.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

They have kind of done this before, NCAA Football 07 was not produced on PS3 so thirst PS3 version we got was 2008 and IMO it was garbage. I am enjoying 13 so far but only time will tell. Honestly the same thing happened from PS1 to PS2 the first 2 versions were lacking from the previous console's version. However, on PS2 they made major strides by year 3 and by 06 it was a very very good product. I pray they don't make the same mistake going into the next next gen. The PS3/Xbox 360 versions have been a huge disappointment simply because we lost so many features and aspects of the game from the previous consoles. To answer the question, i would be mad if they took a year off just cuz i have no faith they would get it right for ncaa 15. I don't expect a perfect game but just give me some long hair on any skin color, more equipment options(i.e. shows and socks) in teambuilder, and the ability to see an instant replay in its entirety and i would be ecstatic. They haven't done it in 6 years on PS3 so why would i think a year off would help.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #37
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
I would be happy if they offered a retail game every year for those who are new to the franchise, and true die hards who must have one year after year, but also if they just put out DLC that updated player ratings, conference alignments etc.
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 07-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #38
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
As nice as it would be, there's no chance of it happening. The only time they likely even consider it, is when they are switching to another generation of consoles. Given how no-frills the first PS3 and 360 versions were, whatever consoles are next could use an extra year to move things over.
Didn't they do two Madden's in 06? They probably would just push out a ported version of NCAA 13.5

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 07-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

First of all, why would EA ever do this?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #40
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

The only way I see anything like them taking a year off, is if the next year, it was a "patch" with the ability to play with slight tweaks and new rosters for $20-$30.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »