Home

Would you be mad if EA took a year off?

This is a discussion on Would you be mad if EA took a year off? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #41
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Would you be mad if EA took a year off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridastatefan02
First of all, why would EA ever do this?
they wouldn't

But for arguments sake we're saying they should so they don't have to rush so much and leave so many things out because of time constraints and they can put out a better product.

But no they won't ever do this because no matter how good or bad the game is it's still going to sell tons of copies and make them money. They wouldn't sell any extra copies just because they took a year off. So lets say they sold 2 million copies each year, they aren't going to sell 4 million if they take a year off in between.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 19

I would rather see EA push back the release of NCAA 14 to September next year. Use the extra couple of months to test it, and fix some elements of core gameplay like the option, special teams, OL/DL interaction, and screen passes. There may be time for enhancements of the presentation. Get the most out of this engine. Fix it, then move on to the next gen.
When developers double down on the next gen, they fail to realize the risk of losing their current customer base. Are people rushing out to buy 3-D TVs? I don't believe so. People can judge between gimmicks and real entertainment. EA has relied far too often on gimmicks to sell their games, and people have lost patience with that approach. But I don't think they would be back in the same numbers if NCAA skipped a year.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

The one thing that really gets me is many people feel it is basically the same game as last year overall with a couple of new things. So using this philosophy why cant they start in a couple of weeks building on what we have now (NCAA 13) and they have a whole year to add to 13. Imagine the things they could do with this foundation if they build on it.

It just seems to me they have had the same foundation for a while but have not used a year to build on it. It just feels like they keep the same foundation and add a few new things, does it really take a year to add a few new items?
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #44
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

in all reality it isn't a year that they have to work on the game. The game gets released in July but they don't just end it there because we do get patches to help with some of the bugs and glitches. Then these guys also do get a little bit of a break like every other human being with a job. Then it's back to work. Then consider the game is essentially done a month before it comes out so it's probably closer to 9 months.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #45
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tested29
I would love for them to. Problem is I think EA would squander the opportunity and leave us even more disappointed.
Exactly. I'm for it if it'd work, but it seems just as likely that we'd wait 2 years and then wind up with another NCAA 12.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

I know they get a 2 week break which is why I stated in a couple of weeks but ok they get 9 months. Do you feel it took 9 months to go from NCAA 12 to 13 with the content they added? I am not software engineer or coder so if it takes that long then forgive me. I do know it takes a lot to make these games even work the way they do, I just wonder with the time they have are they really adding or tweaking all that they can?
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #47
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0

I think you guys are giving EA too much credit for their game making abilities. These days, a willing company could poach off a few developers, come up with a new engine, and make a competitive college football game in 6 months - with a serious team.

We are all sheep for lauding EA's efforts each year. This game is virtually unchanged over the last 2 years. The game is the same - only the interface is slightly different. The developers have exclusive contracts with EA, just like EA has a contract with the NCAA, so why the hell would anyone at EA be motivated to put out a better product?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #48
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

I think they could do it the call of duty way since COD release one game a year but from two different developers

NCAA could come out in 2013 and madden could come out in 2014 then NCAA again in 2015 then madden in 2016 and so on...

But with no other football games coming out to battle EA its kinda like beating a dead horse

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »