Home

Best team for spread offense

This is a discussion on Best team for spread offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Best team for spread offense

With the new passing system, I'm looking for a team I can use online to really take advantage. I run a pass first, nearly all shotgun package, with some running plays to keep the D honest and get quick WRs in space to make plays.

What would be awesome to have in a team would be:

QB: Accurate with running ability. Speed is nice, but by running ability, I mostly mean can take a hit or two a game without automatically fumbling and can throw reasonably well on the run

RB: Speed, speed, speed. Pass blocking and catching are pluses

WR: 1 big, well-rounded WR that I can count on as a goto guy to go a long with a group of fast receivers. Size does not matter except for the primary WR who I'd like to be able to go over top of smaller CBs

O-line: Pass blockers

TE: Won't be used much, so not a concern.

Any recommendations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Best team for spread offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHSheridan11
With the new passing system, I'm looking for a team I can use online to really take advantage. I run a pass first, nearly all shotgun package, with some running plays to keep the D honest and get quick WRs in space to make plays.

What would be awesome to have in a team would be:

QB: Accurate with running ability. Speed is nice, but by running ability, I mostly mean can take a hit or two a game without automatically fumbling and can throw reasonably well on the run

RB: Speed, speed, speed. Pass blocking and catching are pluses

WR: 1 big, well-rounded WR that I can count on as a goto guy to go a long with a group of fast receivers. Size does not matter except for the primary WR who I'd like to be able to go over top of smaller CBs

O-line: Pass blockers

TE: Won't be used much, so not a concern.

Any recommendations?
Give the Mountaineers a try. Geno Smith has some running ability, although he prefers to make plays from the pocket. He can throw on the run and elude defenders when he needs to.

Stedman Bailey is a stud. Although he isn't big, he is definitely a go to guy and keeps the chains moving. Tavon Austin is an explosive playmaker that can turn a minimum gain play into a 50 yard TD in seconds. Ivan McCartney is another solid receiver. They also have a few freshmen that have a lot of potential.

Their RB trio is solid. Garrison and Buie both are smaller, but have decent hands and are pretty quick. Alston is a beast and is good for short yardage situations.

Their offensive line is adequate and has a standout in Madsen, but still transitioning to a more pass block first scheme.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

pdandi1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best team for spread offense

I would say Clemson. Boyd at QB has a solid arm. Running wise, he has solid acceleration, hes got good size and can make a few guys miss.

At WR you have Sammy Watkins. Hes big and hes fast. Hes good on a couple jet sweeps. Definitely use strong slots in the spread/spread flex formations and he's deadly.

They have two solid running backs, number 23 and 5 (I can't think of their names off the top of my head) Both have good speed, can catch out of the back field and can make a few guys miss

O-Line is above average, nothing special. TE is solid too, and the stable of WR's is pretty good as well. Very explosive offense, quick scores and very fast all around

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »