Home

Nano Blitz and Other Cheese Strategies

This is a discussion on Nano Blitz and Other Cheese Strategies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yes the shake blitz is sad, so unrealistic. But blitzing in general when done right in this game is too much. It's more times than not less than 1 second, you can't even set your feet on a throw. It needs to be patched (up the middle blitzing) at least and increase the pass rush on the sides a little more.

Ive got a few specific plays I can manage to get off against an insane blitz. I'll post them here later. Maybe we can put together an anti blitz play book of a dozen or so plays to keep opponents honest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #42
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Nano Blitz and Other Cheese Strategies

quick slant works vs blitz, so do HB screens. You can also max protect and take a shot deep.

When ppl shake blitz, the LB's have to shift ALL the way to the right, then all the way left. Its not like last year where they are CONSTANTLY moving to get the head start. Just run the ball OPPOSITE side when they shift.. doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #43
Rookie

It's an easy fix for EA to tune up the online gameplay... Just make the HB/FB's cut the middle rush blitzes down everyone. Then, they need to fix the outside rush because that's where pressure should come from.

Running is hard vs a blitz out of shotgun and you shouldn't be forced to play in I formation with 90% of college is run out of the shotgun formation.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #44
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggler360
It's an easy fix for EA to tune up the online gameplay... Just make the HB/FB's cut the middle rush blitzes down everyone. Then, they need to fix the outside rush because that's where pressure should come from.

Running is hard vs a blitz out of shotgun and you shouldn't be forced to play in I formation with 90% of college is run out of the shotgun formation.
This is part of the chess match. Why would you run out of shotgun vs a blitz, unless your running AWAY from it? If you suspect a blitz before you pick a play, make sure you have a TE or RB (or both) to hot route to block. This is why shotty 2Rb is so effective, you block them left & right and slide protect down to pick up middle heat.

if you are running a spread offense, and the D is not spread out horizontally, then you need to have quick hitters in case the heat comes.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #45
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Are people really trying to say nano blitzing isnt cheesing?
Doesnt matter if it's a "game issue" it's still cheesing.
However, it is true that certain cheesing methods can be beaten easily enough.

Also, I havent had the trouble with slants that everyone is talking about. You guys might just be getting the timing and ball placement wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #46
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Are people really trying to say nano blitzing isnt cheesing?
Doesnt matter if it's a "game issue" it's still cheesing.
However, it is true that certain cheesing methods can be beaten easily enough.

Also, I havent had the trouble with slants that everyone is talking about. You guys might just be getting the timing and ball placement wrong
Just so I'm clear, a Nano blitz is something that takes advantage of the blocking AI to create pressure, correct?

We aren't talking about bringing more people than they have to block right? I can get guys to come flying in untouched just by overloading one side of the line or stacking the middle.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

The best way to go against the 1-5-5 shake is to use toss running plays and very quick passes (such as slants). I played a guy online doing this yesterday and was able to beat him using this method.

Good luck.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #48
Rookie

I referred to the 1-5-5 as a Nano. I was incorrect. But blitzing is crazy right now. That being said, I didn't even realize you could slide protection up the middle. Is this going to be a game changer for me? I usually keep a TE and a run blocking TE/FB in also to block. I guess I'm so confident with the pre snap controls I never bothered to learn the proper block techniques.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »