Home

Fired after 1 year, all Goals met.

This is a discussion on Fired after 1 year, all Goals met. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #33
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fired after 1 year, all Goals met.

Guess I will continue just playing as many games during the week (besides my team) in my dynasty as I can, rather than advancing, until the patch comes out so I don't get fired. Oh, and not creating any custom PB because that freezes dynasties. Thankfully named rosters doesn't freeze the game.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5
coaches contracts

just wonderiing how tough the game is on getting fired, seemed like last yr u got fired if u didnt meet every goal every yr
Old 07-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: coaches contracts

Nothing's changed. If anything many say it's gotten worse this year.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Nothing's changed. If anything many say it's gotten worse this year.

What do you mean it is the same? Are you failing the goals and getting fired all the time? Has nothing really to do with going undefeated if you do not complete your goals. I think it would be a useless feature if you got to keep your job just because you went undefeated. If that was the case you might as well turn the feature off. If i had a losing season, but fulfilled all of my goals I would be able to keep my job. CORRECT? Obviously one goal is to have a certain win % and the more you win the higher that % will go. I do not think it is broken. I just do not believe people understand it correctly.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 13

The problem is that EA did nothing to this program that was plagued with problems before and they knew about it but did nothing. So this current C.C. is the same as last years with no improvements.

For example I was at Memphis and had a two year contract as OC and completed all but 1 goal. I lost maybe 3 games including the bowl game and I was fired. Contracts are bugged up.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
The problem is that EA did nothing to this program that was plagued with problems before and they knew about it but did nothing. So this current C.C. is the same as last years with no improvements.

For example I was at Memphis and had a two year contract as OC and completed all but 1 goal. I lost maybe 3 games including the bowl game and I was fired. Contracts are bugged up.
I do not think it is bugged. Maybe the Head Coach though you were garbage and thought hey this guy cannot even win a bowl game. I need a change. I could see Memphis firing an OC if he lost me 3 games plus a bowl game. Offense obviously needs a refresh. First of all I think in the first year it is important to complete ALL GOALS. That is when you are under the microscope. If the Head Coach does not do his job either and fulfills his goals then they will fire him. Did they fire the Head Coach?

I could compare it to Mike Martz being the OC with BEARS I thought he did a great job until his two tops players got hurt. Dude got fired.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #39
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Look at people trying to justify this broken feature.

If you go 10-3 at a 1-star team in your first year and get fired, then why should you have to make up a reason for why? It's not realistic when you get rehired immediately by someone else after supposedly getting fired over a big scandal.

Or are you suppose to wait two years without a coaching job so that you can 'pretend' that you were working for ESPN with your time off?

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-15-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 11

This thread is so full of win! Plz sticky
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »