Home

How accurate is the statistical engine in 13?

This is a discussion on How accurate is the statistical engine in 13? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How accurate is the statistical engine in 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
I noticed if you changed a team with say 50/50 run/pass and changed the run/pass ratio to max run it had a large impact and now their hb was getting stats like that if their wasn't a 2nd back getting carries. Maybe the coach had a max run system for your example?
I don't think I had any hb get over 400 carries in my test, but there were a few 2100 yd rushers.
Agree the ypc was high but the overall stats were good, so I guess you could look to tweak things.
Thanks again for your response. Do I understand correctly that the user can modify the stats produced by the sim engine from a quality standpoint? IE are there sliders that influence the results of the simulated games?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OUByron's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I feel like this is as good as the sim engine has ever been in the series. Might be some quirks here and there, but I'm very satisfied with the results after several seasons of simming.
The completion percentages are HORRIBLE! Everytime I see a studio update, I just shake my head! College football QBs, with the spread offenses and short passing games, don't complete 50% or under of their passes. There are tons of QBs anywhere from 65% - 70%.
Blake Griffin
Sam Bradford
Adrian Peterson
Jack White
Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

Yes, these days it seems like every 3rd or 4th pass is a screen pass of some sort, and those almost always get caught. QBs aren't better passers, they just throw so many short ones, most QBS anyway. Too bad if the sim engine doesn't take that into account.

Is there anything else worth talking about in this regard?

Will this be the first year ever that the rating of the punter actually matters in the AI sims? If I recall from past years, that has always been completely random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Thanks again for your response. Do I understand correctly that the user can modify the stats produced by the sim engine from a quality standpoint? IE are there sliders that influence the results of the simulated games?
You could change the offensive styles of the coaches. Go into coach info and edit coach.

If it was easier and quicker a guy could try lots of different things to fine tune sim stats.
Maybe someone else has discovered a setting that they think works.

I just tried a test with all head coaches set to conservative style to see if qb would have shorter passes and maybe increase the completion %.
Unfortunately no difference in the % but the numbers for individual passing yards, td, rushing and receiving stats looked lower.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #13
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

So the adjustments are made by editing the coaches and their tendencies, rather than playing around with the sliders? That fits better with what I remember from previous versions of the game I have owned. I don't recall the sliders ever changing that before, but not having last years' game, thought maybe it had been changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »