Home

User Catching

This is a discussion on User Catching within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: User Catching

User catching even in RTG is a double edged sword. Even when I use reaction time, I'd be spamming the hell out the catch button in perfect position to at least TRY and catch the ball....but nope, my guy either watches the ball sail past him, ball hits me in the head, or I catch the ball. I haven't seen a single instance where they attempt to catch it, but fail at reaching it. It's either you catch it, catch it and drop it (due to defender), or watch it smack you in the face.

Whats even more annoying is the fact that you can't adjust yourself via strafe to try and make a play on the ball in the air. There are un-used buttons for offense that they could have assigned for strafing on offense/defense. Speaking of which, does the "X" button even work for dive catching for 360?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3
Haven't had a problem user catching yet. I play on all American with user catch at 35 I believe.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #19
Banned

Having problems trying to jump up for ball push the button and nothing happens

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #20
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
It doesn't matter if they looking or not it still does not work half the time...

I know because I always play as the safety often on a deep zone or help covering the middle while strafing and of course he has to be looking for the ball, and yet he still only reacts half the time.

Like I said before that's always been my strength but on 13 it's more a weakness than anything.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #21
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
When it happens, post some replays on here so we can see them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 10

I agree 100%, the user swat and catch is definitely off, or severely delayed. Definitely not as crisp as years past. For swat in last few editions you could just hold down L1 to swat..that doesn't seem to work this year, and even if you manually time pushing L1, it is not computing "real time"

I've been mainly playing online, so i cant speak to offline responsiveness if it is better.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #23
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy watkins
User catching is severely broken and needs to be fixed asap. I cannot user defend passes when I 100% know the ball is coming to me. I press the "Y" button to intercept the pass and nothing happens and I'm constantly over-pursuing tons of plays.

Better off just letting the CPU get in position and then pressing the Y button to pick the pass off.
I've started using lb exclusively on defense. A lot of the time you get INTs
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
I've started using lb exclusively on defense. A lot of the time you get INTs
Majority of the time the Lb will just just stand there won't jump swat or anything. Its so hard checking someone cause you know your at their mercy....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »