Home

Recruiting (Playing Style Pitch)

This is a discussion on Recruiting (Playing Style Pitch) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting (Playing Style Pitch)

I pretty sure it has something to do with your stats and scheme... if you go to my school and play style it will show you the recruits grade to your play style.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #18
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

obviously the playing style pitch is based on your stats, however, I see two issues with the way its rating:

1. I run the option a lot and get my WR's involved in the running game ala Percy Harvin. The problem with this is that my WR's don't get credit for rushing yards only receiving. It's common for me to have a WR get 20 receiving yards and 70 rushing yards if he breaks one. The problem is that my playing style grade would be a D because the game thinks I don't involve my WR's when that it far from the truth.

2. The other problem I've encountered is that I always have an A+ for my FB rating. The game gives me "FB rushing yards" when I've never even had a FB on the field for an entire season. I'm guessing this is because I use the Pistol formation 100% of the time and its obviously confused about something. I average around 200 yards per game on the ground and yet my HB rating is always a C and my FB rating is an A+ and my WR score is usually around a C or B-.

It's a great concept but it still needs a little tweaking unless I'm doing something wrong?
Anybody experience this?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

It's tied to your stats, not your schemes.

In the recruiting section, you can visit My School and select Playing Style to see where your positions rank. Rankings cover each kind of position, so for example.

Pocket Passer QB = Needs passing yards
Scrambler QB = Needs QB running yards
Balanced QB = Needs both passing and running yards.

Coverage LB = Interceptions with Linebackers
Run Stopper LB = Tackles for a loss
Balanced LB = Both ints and TKFL stats.

To increase your pitch, you need to increase the stats of that position.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
It's a great concept, the big problem for me is, if it is based purely on stats, it puts me at a huge disadvantage because I play 7 minute quarters, so I am at a huge advantage for compiling stats vs all of the cpu controlled teams who have stats based on 15 min quarters
7 minutes is a decent time frame to rack up stats... I play 8 minute, and feel like I need to play 7 because I'm piling up stats in passing and running.

The problem is defense. If you get too many 3 & drives against the CPU, with 3 incomplete passes, then your defense gets no stats. It's almost as if you need to let them get a few yards/receptions to let your skilled players earn some tackles.

I know when I play crappy offenses, my top defensive player walks away with 8 tackles total... not including the fact that assisted tackles are glitched and not being counted.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has anyone had a problem where their ranks stay at "0" for the entire season and everyone has a D- rating?

I'm almost through my 2nd season (offline) with a teambulder team. (I believe I replaced Georgia State). I have checked every week to see if the stats have been updated and they haven't been. It's a minor pain as it becomes a deal breaker for recruits that list play style as their MOST wanted attribute.

I'm assuming this is just a glitch and I'll have to either live with it or start over.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »