Home

Are you giving Penn State the "death penalty"?

This is a discussion on Are you giving Penn State the "death penalty"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #33
Rookie

erod328's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Are you giving Penn State the "death penalty"?

I'm going to give them a different kind of Death Penalty.

I'll leave the current players alone, but for the next five recruiting classes, I'm going to edit every incoming freshman down to 40 overall. Five classes ensures that their recruiting pitches fall inline with a Death Penalty scenario.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #34
Rookie

BiloxiSmitty's Arena

OVR: 6

As a lifelong Penn State fan, I don't know what to do with them. When the good rosters come out, I might make a TB Penn State, with some of the attributes way down.

I don't think the NCAA is going to do anything drastic, and Pres, VP, AD, are going to be punished through the court system.

The sad thing is that schools like Ohio St, Pitt, and Syracuse, etc, are going to reap the benefits of kids who normally go to Penn State.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod328

I'll leave the current players alone, but for the next five recruiting classes, I'm going to edit every incoming freshman down to 40 overall. Five classes ensures that their recruiting pitches fall inline with a Death Penalty scenario.
I'm using a teambuilder Penn State with the same players, coaches, stadium, and uni's, but 5 or 6 of the recruiting pitches are now in the D range, and with only 2 A's now. That should ensure it's more difficult to recruit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #36
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tested29
Although I doubt the NCAA will do anything to Penn State specifically, I believe this scandal will have a profound impact on Penn State football. Penn State is still an amazing school, but I think attracting players there in the future will be a problem. I can possibly see some dark days ahead for the Penn State faithful.

It had not occurred to me to do anything to Penn State before seeing this thread, but now I just might do so. Nothing drastic however, maybe just a weakened team with slightly poorer pitches.
Actually, this year has been one of the best for Penn State football recruiting... and I'm talking since the original news of the scandal broke.

We did lose some prospects here and there, but as a whole this recruiting class we are looking at is the best in years. Students still respect the institution for all the right reasons and see a fresh start beneath coach O'Brien I guess.

I know all my fellow PSU alum are ready to put today behind us and hopefully start looking towards the future. Although none of this will (and really should) be forgotten, it's been a rough couple months. We want to move on.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #37
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Didn't they leave out an FCS team? So maybe add them as a teambuilder team and replace Penn State. I think they deserve the death penalty but then again i might enjoy beating up on them even though it's my anger at Paterno and has nothing to do with the current players.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #38
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Didn't they leave out an FCS team? So maybe add them as a teambuilder team and replace Penn State. I think they deserve the death penalty but then again i might enjoy beating up on them even though it's my anger at Paterno and has nothing to do with the current players.
South Alabama

The best way to simulate the death penalty is to replace them with a cupcake team builder team and put them in the mac. Remember it took smu thirty plus years to be relevant again.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #39
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod328

Can you not just change them all to Punters, seems like a lot of time to edit each prospects ratings.

I don't know if I'd do anything to PSU, what happened to me is both related and unrelated to their football program (bad press = hurt recruiting). Though, as it seems, their recruiting wasn't even effected.

Still, I don't want them competing for a NC for the first bit of my offline dynasty, so whenever I start it I'll figure something out to bump them down a tad for the first few years.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nttnybuc/"
nttnybuc[/url]]LOL, top 15 recruiting class this year. Nice try, though.
Gotta have the coaching to make those recruits play up to their level. Example, Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTriiipZx
Actually, this year has been one of the best for Penn State football recruiting... and I'm talking since the original news of the scandal broke.

We did lose some prospects here and there, but as a whole this recruiting class we are looking at is the best in years. Students still respect the institution for all the right reasons and see a fresh start beneath coach O'Brien I guess.

I know all my fellow PSU alum are ready to put today behind us and hopefully start looking towards the future. Although none of this will (and really should) be forgotten, it's been a rough couple months. We want to move on.
Interesting. Last I heard was PS had lost a few recruits and assumed things were going downhill, but "the best in years"? I was unaware. If O'Brien can win early and keep winning Penn State will be ok, as without coaching the best recruits are worthless.

Anyway, maybe I'll leave PS alone. As the season progresses and I start new dynasties I'll probably decide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »