Home

Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes?

This is a discussion on Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #17
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
maybe when you have double digit leads you should try to start running the ball like a normal team would...
Agreed. The start of the 3rd quarter is the perfect time to abandon your gameplan and put it on chew clock and coast to 2 quarters worth of 3 and outs.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #18
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Agreed. The start of the 3rd quarter is the perfect time to abandon your gameplan and put it on chew clock and coast to 2 quarters worth of 3 and outs.
or stop being the usual "LET'S BOMB IT" and play regular, safe football. Sub your backups in, run and short pass, maybe some play action. Hell, I do that to people online.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
simmed games are not predetermined. Save, sim game, check score, reload and repeat to get different results.

Thats said, there is definitely a 'comeback' ai that tries to help keep the ai in user/cpu games. Its not as bad as some people rage about, but if you are up by a lot, your chances of throwing picks, dropping passes or fumbling on aggressive plays increases substantially. Its EA's silly way of preventing blowouts. When you're up just do HB dives and play it safe.
actually this isn't quite true, when you advance the week, the sim is locked in
Old 07-13-2012, 05:22 AM   #20
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't think there is comeback AI. I just ran Oregon 41-0 on heisman. i do however notice that at some point regardless on if i'm winning or not i drop passes or one lineman won't block for 10 straight plays. or when on D their ballcarrier no matter who it is always breaks the first two tackles. It's almost like if you can hold up for the few plays when that kicks in, you will be fine.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #21
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
I don't think outcomes are predetermined but the fact the CPU audibles to a perfect defense like .01 seconds after you audible is kind of ridiculous. I audibled 4 times before the snap and each time the CPU audibled instantly to a perfect D.
Chelsea FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Something is going on. I played a game in dynasty where I was up huge on Miami Ohio as Ball State the whole game. They couldn't move the ball, they couldn't stop me, it was a cakewalk. I lost power during be 4th though and had to replay the game, and they were a totally different team. They blew up all my PAs, screens and draws, I couldn't move the ball, I missed tackles left and right.

I think the game will sometimes throw a game up as a roadblock, but that it's sort of random when it decides to. In past years I've have games where I lost bad and couldn't do anything but I replayed the game and won easily. Something is going on.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

The comeback code debate is always a sensitive one, so I won't go there. But in my experience, the offenses in EA football do seem to get a boost late in the game. I have just had too many great defensive battles that have been ruined by becoming shootouts in the last few minutes.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
In my history with EA football games, I have had some comebacks that felt pretty spoon-fed and cheesy. Not fun at all. I have had games were I have sucked, and really deserved to lose. But all of a sudden I'll get a freebie kick return where defenders don't come within 15 yards of me. Then I'll get a courtesy pick-6 by a CPU teammate where I have the daunting task of holding up on the control stick for a TD. Despite struggling with the passing game in the first half, all of a sudden I can lob up passes into triple coverage for completions.
This has been the case for me a few times as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »