Home

Recruiting 101

This is a discussion on Recruiting 101 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #57
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting 101

So I'm going to expand on my recruiting guide but since I just got new film equipment I'm going to make a video of my guide. I work until Tuesday (12 hour shifts) but I will work on it after work tonight and tomorrow, and could possibly be up Monday morning if not Tuesday morning

Last edited by b2th3m1th; 07-15-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

One of the things that has helped me with smaller schools is getting at least a few athletes. They give you a lot of flexibility this year because they are actually good at multiple positions. Some of them are even better then their fully scouted OVR at certain positions. I had a 3 star who fully scouted was a 69 but is actually an 80 at HB.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #59
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

Is there a perfect time to offer a scolorship? Do u wait till your his number 1 interest or does that not matter ? I've always wondered this
Old 07-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
I always fill my board as well. Sometimes you sneak into a spot where you can grab these players. I don't steadily recruit 35 though, not enough time. I usually focus on 20.

I have trouble using scouting. Not sure when and who to scout. Should I scout everyone? If the player is a 4* 69 overall and I scout and he drops to a 62. Being a 1* team I could still use him so it seems pointless to scout higher * players.

I guess it's best to scout those 2* and 1* guys where I have multiple players on my board at that position?
Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
How do you guys handle offering a scholarship to guys who have you #1? I usually offer as soon as they have me #1 (if it's a guy I truly want) I like getting those instant commits early on so I can focus on others. If they don't commit, I still get that big bonus.

When is the best time to schedule a visit and should it always be vs a rival or a game you know you can win? Someone said try to have a game where you have large amount of players visiting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkende112233
yea like I have this one recruit hes the #2 CB and he is very high for play style and I have A+ play style for him and the 2nd place team has D- and when I compare them it gives me 0 and takes away 0 from them. How does that make any sense? And if i just pitch it it gives me 100+ points.
I have had this exact same thing on the same player 4 weeks in a row. It ave me 0 points for the pitch. It was on play style, and oddly enough the player was from TX and the team I was trying to sway him away from was Texas (I am Arkansas).
Old 07-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am recruiting (starting 3rd year of dynasty) largely the same as I have in past years.

I pick players in positions I can use that are already interested in my team (green circle)! This is important because you do not have to fight up from #30 to #1, but from #1-9 to #1.

Pre-season I scout the top 20. Any busts I drop to #35 or kick from my list, any Gems I move up.

Week 1 I spend 50 minutes per recruit and offer Scol, and make 3 promises I know I can keep, usually conference championship, national exposure, and if my team is strong National Championship.

I then take the top 5 pitches and find interest, if anything above Low I try to sway them for the next 5 weeks.

By week 5-6 (in pre-season always make a game in this range a home game against a ranked team), I schedule them to come see my school. By week 5 I should have 3 that are B+ to A+ where they are Very High or Most. This turns into A to A+ visits and a to of commits.

My second round of in season recruiting is with the same process. If the rest of my origional list are duds, commits to other schools, or just dont like my school (none of my A's are even average), I go to the top 100 and pick the green circles of positions I do not need, as I likely got 8 of the top 10-12 that I did need already. I then take the top 10 players unless they are all in the same position and add them to the board. Then scout them heavily!!! There are many busts in the top 10!!!

From that point on every player I get is a bonus. I need 8 top players in positions that I need every year to field a very good team of 24 players. If I can get 10-12 then I have highly recruited players as backups who when they start will be even better (85-90) for their JR and SR season.

Recruiting like this allows me to keep star players starting and star players on the bench for a year or two.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #64
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
I have had this exact same thing on the same player 4 weeks in a row. It ave me 0 points for the pitch. It was on play style, and oddly enough the player was from TX and the team I was trying to sway him away from was Texas (I am Arkansas).
Play style is the only pitch you can't compare to other schools. While it seems unfair, think of it this way, they wont be pitching that. You pitch it every week you'll pull away or catch up

edit: i just looked through one of my dynasties and I can knock play style. Interesting, next time I see it 0-0 I may take a look. My guess right now is that the pitch is not one of the player's high or above, if it is average or low you may not be able to compare, i'll keep a closer look on it

Last edited by b2th3m1th; 07-15-2012 at 11:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »