Home

Recruiting 101

This is a discussion on Recruiting 101 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OnWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 0
Recruiting 101

Would anyone be interested in putting together a tutorial on how to recruit for a dynasty? I feel that this game is has a very in-depth recruiting system and many people would benefit from a community based recruiting how-to.

Edit: If anyone else puts together a guide I will be happy to link to it on this post.

Guide from b2th3m1th:
http://www.operationsports.com/b2th3...ams-and-below/

Guide from jobalo85:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-13-a.html

Guide from UTLUNIS:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043880748

Last edited by OnWisconsin; 07-19-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Links to guides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting 101

yeah, just let the cpu do it, lol. thats what i do. to much stuff to do for me, but maybe if we got a little community together, i would enjoy recruiting and actually do it myself.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
Rookie

Tongue in cheek response:

Recruit players from your state with the promise of playing in their home state.

If you are behind significantly to a team for a recruit that hasn't offered a scholarship, use up your 3 promisies.

Make use of the function for letting recruits ask about the topic.

There really is no true way to be successful at this. Each school varies. It's easier to get kids into Texas than SMU. Use the compare schools function when it's to your advantage and when it's a topic the kids cares about.

And I think the Longhorn network is the reason behind Texas' A+ rating of Televised games.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but a lot of times if your in 1st and you compare schools (even if your better) you lose points for your school and nothing for the other. Maybe the recruit doesn't like me making fun of other schools?
Old 07-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
Not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but a lot of times if your in 1st and you compare schools (even if your better) you lose points for your school and nothing for the other. Maybe the recruit doesn't like me making fun of other schools?
I have yet to run into this. The compare can be very valuable in the right situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
yea like I have this one recruit hes the #2 CB and he is very high for play style and I have A+ play style for him and the 2nd place team has D- and when I compare them it gives me 0 and takes away 0 from them. How does that make any sense? And if i just pitch it it gives me 100+ points.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #7
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

One of the broken things is "Promise the recruit a game in his home state." He was in my Pipeline state, the same state all my home games are. That is pretty funny.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #8
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
One of the broken things is "Promise the recruit a game in his home state." He was in my Pipeline state, the same state all my home games are. That is pretty funny.
That's not technically broken, It's always been like that and two you can promise him games in his home state, Kinda nice when you dont have the proximity rating in your favor

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »