Home

Attendance Needs Fixed

This is a discussion on Attendance Needs Fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Attendance Needs Fixed

There are some logic issues with Attendance in dynasty that are harmful to the stadium atmosphere pitch.

As UTSA, who averaged 35k a game last year, I pulled in 34k for the opener against FCS Weast. My next game was home against Texas (UT, the big one). After that game, my average attendance dropped to 20k. This means 6k people showed up to a home game against Texas! I scheduled UT at home to boost my attendance, raising the stadium atmosphere pitch. Intead, in a 70k stadium that looked half full, I got 6k. This is the most unrealistic thing for 2 reasons. 1) My stadium was about half full. If you want to put 6k people in the Alamodome, make it look empty! 2) UTSA averaged 35k last year, and Texas fans both live in San Antonio and are certainly willing to drive an hour and a half to a football game. IRL, 60k or more would of gone to that game.

This one is even worse. 2 games into my Lehigh Dynasty, I'm averaging a mediocre 12.5k fans a game. After the third game, my average drops to 8.2k. This means a negative amount of people showed up to my game. Obviously, that is impossible.

This is a small thing, but it's annoying, especially with the Stadium Atmosphere pitch. Also, it bugs me that EA only has 2 ways for the stadium to look: Half Full (With people scattered everywhere, unlike IRL where they are mostly sitting by the 50.) and Full.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Attendance Needs Fixed

I completely understand and agree with you, however, I just honestly feel like there are some really important issues going on right now that need to be addressed well before anything like this. Knowing EA, I highly doubt this even gets looked at. If it does, it will be hailed as a new feature "Dynamic Attendance."

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Attendance Needs Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I completely understand and agree with you, however, I just honestly feel like there are some really important issues going on right now that need to be addressed well before anything like this. Knowing EA, I highly doubt this even gets looked at. If it does, it will be hailed as a new feature "Dynamic Attendance."
I agree it's not a huge issue. It just bugs me that negative people showed up to a game.

Honestly, I would like an attendance thing that has a couple of different levels for attendance. Now, it seems there is a poorly done half full stadium (Why are people in the upper level of the Alamodome when field level seats on the 50 are open?) and a packed house. If they had ways for stadiums to look more/less full (Even if they just had 5 or 6 different levels of attendance) it would be nice.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »