Home

The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

This is a discussion on The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

Another very important thing to remember with the military schools, Air Force, Army and Navy. Their offensive linemen are very small in stature, literally 235 to 265 with strength in the low 70s. What they lack in size and power, they make up for in speed, acceleration and agility.

So basically their speed should be between 75-80, with acceleration in the upper 90s. Since technically their linemen is nothing more then full backs who can't catch.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is exactly why we need a universal player editor. Would make editing things like this so much easier.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

To really get the best out of the Player Ratings, folks will have to throw out the OVR ratings for Team and Player and focus on the skillset each player will bring to the team.

Stamina Rating
actually has an affect on Ratings in the game (Dynasty only) were players play/movements are affected.
-Players begin to slow during a play
-Position skills are affected
-Injuries are tied into this rating (though realistic, not to sure I like this!!!)
**(The "ONLY" kicker is...., that the rating threshold needs to be below 50 for all players to be seen during plays and the sub-out needs to be set really low or to 1 for some positions)

Since I like lowered ratings and utilizing more of the scale, I max out these sliders to 100% and utilize the Specific Position Rating to differentiate between players of the same position.

Don't want to derail this this thread with Slider Discussions (hope guys don't do that), but to max the weight on certain ratings, some global sliders should be placed at 100% when using these suggestions.

QB Throw Accuracy Slider
-Seems to be tied into the ratings for Catch Animations attempted by both CPU/Hum and not so much the Accuracy of the QB.
-The 1st half of Catch Animations are triggered according how we push the L-Stick (locations/zones) on a pass.
-The 2nd half is links to the SPC Catch rating to drive which Catch Animation will play out/attempt.
-Higher SPC's will give us more dynamic attempts.
-At 100, all catch locations/zones around a Player are available (lowering only limits the zones that catch animations are programmed to)

QB Throw Accuracy Rating
-dictates how far "AWAY" from player the ball will be.
-the higher the rating, the more exact/pinpoint to the Receiver the pass will be, thus minimizing zones available which limits catch animations and why you can't throw to a area/space.
(still testing to find out what the rating needs to be set at to allow throw attempts to be placed 3,4,5 etc... yrds away from the player on a more exact scale)

RB Ability Slider
-Affects all Ball Carriers, not just RB/FB
-Makes all RB running/break tackle animations available, while differentiation being placed on the Position Ratings of the RB/Ball Carrier.
(You must lower SPD/ACC/AGL down as Skillz has noted to let the ratings dictate the type of ballcarrier while removing the Superman Robo-RB when done with rosters that maintain such high ratings in these areas)

Ball Carrier Ratings
-Lower STR Ratings drive that "Maul" type of tackle animation were they are driven to ground
-Middle STR Rating drives that ugly RB/Tackler "Stalemate" animation
-Higher STR Rating drives that "Falling forward through the Tackle" animation
**not to high as Skillz noted

NOTE:
The SPEED Threshold Slider seems to work the same as the Sliders I noted (and others to follow) and how it links with Ratings and drives Animations that come from them.

With lowering Ratings away from high ranges, at 100% (that's right) all Animations are made available while placing all the weight on the Ratings.
**Still testing (in Dynasty) to see the impact it has on each position, but...

-thus far, it seems to impact how hard DE's/OLB rush the QB and Def players attack the PAT/Punt from the edge (ie block attempts)

I'll be back, I want to test/verify a couple of thoughts that just popped into my head concerning K/P Sliders and their ratings pertaining to Blocked Kicks.

Thanks Skillz for starting this thing again.
There are definite some things we can do to get the most out of what's here.

Last edited by khaliib; 07-14-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The most important thing to keep in mind is that not every fast player has high acceleration. Some players take a while to get to top speed. So technically you could have players with 90 or 92 speed but yet have 70 or 60 acceleration.

Just like you can have players with 92 speed but 70 or 65 agility. Which means they are a vertical threat, but yet suck running routes and changing directions.

Thanks for the ideas on this. I'll be trying it out over the next few days. I really want to create a balance in the game to make it realistic. After playing multiplayer all weekend speed needs to be lowered for sure. I'd have 70 overall speed QBs who could move it felt like. Now that I think about it more due to acceleration and not the speed.

Last edited by scottyo60; 07-14-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to add last sentence.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a question. How can we evaluate which players receive each rating? Like, speed could be dictated by real life 40 times but awareness, acceleration, and the like are all pretty objective especially if you don't watch a certain team or aren't 100% up to date on players.

I'm just wondering how do those who change ratings like this decide the ratings the player receives?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #14
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
To really get the best out of the Player Ratings, folks will have to throw out the OVR ratings for Team and Player and focus on the skillset each player will bring to the team.

Stamina Rating
actually has an affect on Ratings in the game (Dynasty only) were players play/movements are affected.
-Players begin to slow during a play
-Position skills are affected
-Injuries are tied into this rating (though realistic, not to sure I like this!!!)
**(The "ONLY" kicker is...., that the rating threshold needs to be below 50 for all players to be seen during plays and the sub-out needs to be set really low or to 1 for some positions)

Since I like lowered ratings and utilizing more of the scale, I max out these sliders to 100% and utilize the Specific Position Rating to differentiate between players of the same position.

Don't want to derail this this thread with Slider Discussions (hope guys don't do that), but to max the weight on certain ratings, some global sliders should be placed at 100% when using these suggestions.

QB Throw Accuracy Slider
-Seems to be tied into the ratings for Catch Animations attempted by both CPU/Hum and not so much the Accuracy of the QB.
-The 1st half of Catch Animations are triggered according how we push the L-Stick (locations/zones) on a pass.
-The 2nd half is links to the SPC Catch rating to drive which Catch Animation will play out/attempt.
-Higher SPC's will give us more dynamic attempts.
-At 100, all catch locations/zones around a Player are available (lowering only limits the zones that catch animations are programmed to)

QB Throw Accuracy Rating
-dictates how far "AWAY" from player the ball will be.
-the higher the rating, the more exact/pinpoint to the Receiver the pass will be, thus minimizing zones available which limits catch animations and why you can't throw to a area/space.
(still testing to find out what the rating needs to be set at to allow throw attempts to be placed 3,4,5 etc... yrds away from the player on a more exact scale)

RB Ability Slider
-Affects all Ball Carriers, not just RB/FB
-Makes all RB running/break tackle animations available, while differentiation being placed on the Position Ratings of the RB/Ball Carrier.
(You must lower SPD/ACC/AGL down as Skillz has noted to let the ratings dictate the type of ballcarrier while removing the Superman Robo-RB when done with rosters that maintain such high ratings in these areas)

Ball Carrier Ratings
-Lower STR Ratings drive that "Maul" type of tackle animation were they are driven to ground
-Middle STR Rating drives that ugly RB/Tackler "Stalemate" animation
-Higher STR Rating drives that "Falling forward through the Tackle" animation
**not to high as Skillz noted

NOTE:
The SPEED Threshold Slider seems to work the same as the Sliders I noted (and others to follow) and how it links with Ratings and drives Animations that come from them.

With lowering Ratings away from high ranges, at 100% (that's right) all Animations are made available while placing all the weight on the Ratings.
**Still testing (in Dynasty) to see the impact it has on each position, but...

-thus far, it seems to impact how hard DE's/OLB rush the QB and Def players attack the PAT/Punt from the edge (ie block attempts)

I'll be back, I want to test/verify a couple of thoughts that just popped into my head concerning K/P Sliders and their ratings pertaining to Blocked Kicks.

Thanks Skillz for starting this thing again.
There are definite some things we can do to get the most out of what's here.
very interesting read, i am very interested to hear more if you ever do a detailed write up

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 14

Great read.

My only concern is that after a year of season is played, incoming freshmen will come in all messed up with the ratings and be held to different standards than the edited roster set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #16
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

As always, this dude is on point. I've been doing my own experimenting as well and am going to basically edit every single player on every team. At the rate I'm going I should be done by opening weekend lol. But, basically what I've been doing is trying to get as much of the "dumbness" out of the game...especially at QB. I want to see players make football plays first and foremost and then let their physical skill determine the outcome of those football plays. Based on that I have:

Given all QB's 99 AWR as well as all defensive players. What I have found is the AWR rating for defensive players does not affect the overall rating nearly as much as the PRC rating does. It was Skillz that told me that PRC is the defense's awareness rating. I also, have given 99 AWR to the QB's while editing their THA rating. For me it works because I see QB's making plays while still being erratic at times throwing the ball.

I'm gonna take what Skillz have said and continue to dig deeper. I'm in no hurry to start my own personal Dynasty. I'm actually having a ton of fun watching CPU vs. CPU play realistic games.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 07-14-2012 at 11:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »