Home

The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

This is a discussion on The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #33
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

sooo what happens every season of dynasty when theres hundreds of new cpu generated players.. u have to go edit all them too? when do u actually play the game? am i missing something?

edit- really not trying to be a prick. just playing devils advocate..
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

Last edited by Chedapalooza; 07-20-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
sooo what happens every season of dynasty when theres hundreds of new cpu generated players.. u have to go edit all them too? when do u actually play the game? am i missing something?

edit- really not trying to be a prick. just playing devils advocate..

The bulk of the load is getting the default rosters straight. After you get those straight, you'll find that 20-25 players max per team per year ain't that bad lol!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #35
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Thisss >>>>

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #36
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

This whole editing thing is a gift and a curse for me. I kind of with I never stumbled upon this or started editing myself. If I never had, then i could just enjoy and be playing the game right now and that's it. However, knowing what I do know regarding editing makes this game worlds better and it just don't seem or feel right playing it w/o the edits.

It's just so time consuming! I can testify that for me...it takes me AT LEAST an hour to do 1 team. Then you factor in going into the game and seeing how the edits play out on the field and what you have is 95 % experimenting and 5% actual play. Then add to that I have a job, a wife and son and...well...

I'm gonna keep going until I just can't go no more. My goal is to be done with mine by the 1st weekend of the real season.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #37
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
This whole editing thing is a gift and a curse for me. I kind of with I never stumbled upon this or started editing myself. If I never had, then i could just enjoy and be playing the game right now and that's it. However, knowing what I do know regarding editing makes this game worlds better and it just don't seem or feel right playing it w/o the edits.

It's just so time consuming! I can testify that for me...it takes me AT LEAST an hour to do 1 team. Then you factor in going into the game and seeing how the edits play out on the field and what you have is 95 % experimenting and 5% actual play. Then add to that I have a job, a wife and son and...well...

I'm gonna keep going until I just can't go no more. My goal is to be done with mine by the 1st weekend of the real season.
so would u use this as a replacement for sliders then?

why not just jack up the sliders on human and cpu side
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #38
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
so would u use this as a replacement for sliders then?

why not just jack up the sliders on human and cpu side

To me, the sliders help aid in some areas but they don't make the game play smoother and you don't see a lot of separation from the bench warmer to the STUD HOSS! As a sports gamer, I have always wanted to see individual players stand out. Not to really harp on other games like that...but for example when 2k introduced individual jump shot types, it changed the game for me because every player had his own sig shot. For that reason, I could not go back to playing any game where everybody shot the same way.

I like being able to see the All-Americans go out there and make big time plays and see the scrubs get torched. That's where ratings come into play vs. sliders. If you don't touch player ratings and you only adjust sliders, they are going to have the same affect on everybody. Not realistic IMO. So, I personally do it to try and make the game as realistic looking as possible.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Plain and simple, sliders effect players on a global scale regardless of position and each slider isn't just tied to just ONE rating, it is tied to multiple ratings. Sliders in the long run do more harm then good to be honest.

Everybody on the team don't need a boost in several ratings across the board, nor do every player on the team need their ratings lowered. With editing the ratings, you have more precise control and can tune per the position.

Making the whole team better or worse globally = terrible game play.

Is it time consuming ? Yes it is, but I have doing it for so many years it only takes me 25 minutes per a team on average, but with the smaller schools just 8 minutes because smaller schools aren't as jacked up as the bigger schools are.

I look at it like this, when you want a hair cut, do you just tell the barber just shave it all off what's the difference, it is quicker that way or do you ask for a specific cut with each side of your head cut to a certain precise level ?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Will you guys be making your edited rosters available?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »