Home

As LE, how do you disengage on rushing plays?

This is a discussion on As LE, how do you disengage on rushing plays? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
As LE, how do you disengage on rushing plays?

It's almost impossible. I'm using a 99 rated LE, but can't disengage on a simple rushing play. I'm blocked 5 yards upfield almost every time.

Can't disengage at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: As LE, how do you disengage on rushing plays?

Million dollar question. i swear if the CPU ran draws all day they would run for 500 yds cause my linemen and DBs never break off the blocks
Old 07-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjackson18
Million dollar question. i swear if the CPU ran draws all day they would run for 500 yds cause my linemen and DBs never break off the blocks
Took me awhile to figure this one out too thanks to no booklet in the box! If you're using PS3 then it's the right analog. You hit it left or right depending on which way you choose to swim move.

NOTE! There is a stipulation. If you are winning big, or the CPU needs a drive using this will trigger a 90% of the time pancake during the CPU God mode. So as long as the game is close or you're down or up by a slim margin, it works.

Also if you are using a DB vs a lineman, it rarely works and usually you're pancaked.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

OVR: 3

The above post about the analog stick is technically correct. But in reality the line play is broken in addition there is no physics engine and ratings dont mean jack.

The oline dline interaction needs a major major overhaul. but we all knew this, and knew they didnt touch it this year. No one on the o line can scoop block to save their lives. the QB could be right behind you and somehow you still cant turn around and tackle him because you are engaged . Its a bit ridiculous.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDiiddy
The above post about the analog stick is technically correct. But in reality the line play is broken in addition there is no physics engine and ratings dont mean jack.

The oline dline interaction needs a major major overhaul. but we all knew this, and knew they didnt touch it this year. No one on the o line can scoop block to save their lives. the QB could be right behind you and somehow you still cant turn around and tackle him because you are engaged . Its a bit ridiculous.
Thanks. I know about the swim move (and all the other moves), it just won't activate on rushing plays. I have 17 sacks so far with this DE through game 8 (he's 99 rated), but I don't think I've brought down one running back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

My advice would be to get off easy button mode and stop being a lame. Get off the DE.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
My advice would be to get off easy button mode and stop being a lame. Get off the DE.
How is playing a DE easy button mode?

How about minding your own business or posting constructively?
Old 07-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
He was asking a fair question. There's no need to be a dick.
NHL: Washington Capitals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »