Home

Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So}

This is a discussion on Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So} within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: RTG To Hard?? Broken??
Yes 34 65.38%
No 18 34.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So}

I think the system is terrible for HB's.. I'm a WR on All-American and I haven't been having any trouble progressing. I was a 5* speed WR out of High School and I went to Texas and started out as a 3rd stringer. After 2 games I've moved up to 2nd string, I should be 1st in no time. WR is one of the more fun and unbroken positions. I recommend it to anyone having problems.

EDIT: After getting a little more play time in RTG with my receiver my thoughts have changed a little. I made it up to starter and all of a sudden the game is so frustrating. If you're wide open and call for the ball they won't throw it. If you're covered and call for it they'll try to gun it in there and then dock you 10 points for a bad call for pass. The QB will completely neglect you the entire game and you'll average around 1-3 catches for hopefully 30 or so yards. It's INCREDIBLY frustrating. I was so excited to play against Oklahoma and I got open a lot.. I ended that game with 1 catch for 4 yards. I can't stand it.

Last edited by Equinox831; 07-15-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm on the fence with this one. There are some definite things that need to be addressed for this game but there some things that go wrong that are all my fault.

Like when I throw an interception into double coverage that's my bad and I deserve to lose some of my coaches trust.

But when I snap the ball and the entire offensive line misses their blocks and I get laid out by the defensive tackle before I can hit a button then you can't blame that on me.

The second example is particularly bad when I'm on a smaller school playing a large school and lose my starting spot to the QB 10 overall points lower than me. That's like saying, "Well Drew Brees got sacked because the line didn't get all their blocks. Guess it's time to sub in Chase Daniels."
Old 07-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
Rookie

Pitbullz4Life's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
A Joke?? lol which joke are you referring to. Good or Bad.. Cuz im quite confused here.

As a DB i ended up going to ND and we did pretty good..

However, did you have a hard time moving up the charts at ND?? I found it pretty easy. I struggles with the 2nd position battle to start.. On Defense it seems like it is easier for players based on the fact that you cant mess up on too many things for yourself.

Whereas on Offense, you are able to mess up every play..

So.. Maybe this

On Offense - User Should be rewared more.. Cuz I dont see anything wrong with how players get deducted points on AA at all. It makes it challenging and fun..

On Defense - Stay the same maybe???
Heisman is bad.. you still get that AI that takes over and cheats.. on AA it hardly happens.

I moved up the depth cart fast, was starting after the 3 game. I went to Notre Dame just to do something different, all the years of the NCAA game I'd maybe had played with ND 3-4 times.. I sure didn't think in my freshman year we would go 13-0 and win the national championship, but damn ND was like LSU and BAMA on D.. my QB won the heisman, I was a freshman AA.. The D was crazy. only allowed 220 yds a game & 6 points a game. we forced the most turnovers. my MLB lead the nation in sacks with 16. are defensive was 3 and out 90% of the time, thats why i lead the nation in PR yards(3 PR TD), the other team was always punting.

Haven't started my SOPH year yet. Just finishing up my 1st season with my other RTG player playing on Georgia
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #12
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Playing HB on AA. Got on Arkansas at 4th string. After a couple weeks, realized that I was coming out of practice with less points than I went in.

Started skipping practice and just getting points with kick and punt returns. Was able to get to 2nd string with a couple games left in the regular season. As a freshman, that seemed somewhat legit for being a freshman. Compared to last year, I could make starter by mid season.

Thoughts: Being on AA you get 1 point for every two rushing/return yards you gain. I can handle that. Its the minuses that seem to be totally wacked.

-10 for a 1 yard loss? Plus minus points for the yardage lost?
If theres a penalty on a kick or punt return you get docked 20 points for loss of yardage.
-10 when the AI thinks you made a bad call for a pass

There are others, just seems that the minuses seem real harsh.

During the position battles seem to easy. At least in this game with my HB, I can win the battle with a good 6-8 more snaps to go. Going into the battle for 2nd string I had 600 points to get. After a few snaps I had almost 200 points. I then broke a run open for a couple yards shy of a TD and got the rest of the points I needed.

One thing I did notice is I don't get any XP points for returns. I get the default 100 for being in the game, but would think that I would get a few for the returns I did do.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk

Thoughts: Being on AA you get 1 point for every two rushing/return yards you gain. I can handle that. Its the minuses that seem to be totally wacked.

-10 for a 1 yard loss? Plus minus points for the yardage lost?
If theres a penalty on a kick or punt return you get docked 20 points for loss of yardage.
-10 when the AI thinks you made a bad call for a pass

There are others, just seems that the minuses seem real harsh.
I havent gotten into college yet with my HB but ill be there shortly. Now I have to ask you this.. Do you really think the point system is totally wacked or do you think you can jar it out? Because I have a feeling that if the fault system lowers the points for the bad things you do, then it'll make it kinda easy, especially since your progressing at a normal rate with your Rb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
I'm on the fence with this one. There are some definite things that need to be addressed for this game but there some things that go wrong that are all my fault.

Like when I throw an interception into double coverage that's my bad and I deserve to lose some of my coaches trust.

But when I snap the ball and the entire offensive line misses their blocks and I get laid out by the defensive tackle before I can hit a button then you can't blame that on me.

The second example is particularly bad when I'm on a smaller school playing a large school and lose my starting spot to the QB 10 overall points lower than me. That's like saying, "Well Drew Brees got sacked because the line didn't get all their blocks. Guess it's time to sub in Chase Daniels."

LMAO, That i can understand.

There's two things here. In real life, when a new QB is introduced (overtaking a vet QB i suppose) then things are shaky, and if they mess up, the Vet comes back in. Furthermore, making that chance you get at the starting position, much much more valuable and you damn near gotta be perfect to keep that spot..

On the other hand, I truly believe (well after from what I heard), that as a QB you should get a lil more points for what you do good. Like a TD pass is 25.. Its a lil on the slight end for sure. Maybe somewhere between 30-50.. But no more than 50 for a TD pass.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have a balanced wr playing at um 3rd wr, I am in a position battle for the two spot, and god dammit I can't win the position. I'm open, no throw, or denard takes off. 20 reps where I might see the ball 4-7 times seems like I really have to work to get close
Old 07-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

I wrote some of this in the impression thread, but I feel RTG has so much potential to be one of the best superstar simulations out there, yet it lacks attention to detail where it could prove its value.

I'll start at the beginning and work to my impressions through 6 weeks of freshman year of college as a QB.

1) I really do wish there was some sort of evaluation period before your players senior year began. Like I said in the impressions thread yesterday, a player never just goes from a crummy 1* no-name recruit to a 5* must have field general over the course of a season. It will never happen. Maybe a player goes from a 3* to a 4*, or a 4* to a 5*, but a huge jump never happens. However in this game, it is designed for you to go from 1* to 5* with relative ease. It's not hard after 4 or 5 games to go from that 1* player getting recruiting calls from Temple and UTSA to having power conference teams knocking on your door.

Now, how it ties together is that I think it would be more "realistic" if you played out your junior year playoffs like you used to do in NCAA 07-NCAA 11. Use that as the basis for your players recruiting. If he puts up huge "recruiting points" perhaps he becomes that 5* player entering his senior year. Does he throw 7 interceptions in his only playoff game? Sounds like a 1* guy who is going to have to work his butt off to prove himself.

After the season, it would then be a nice touch to have the player do an interview (similar to games like NBA 2k12). Let the teams know what is important to them. Close to home matter? Immediate playing time? These are things real teams sell to players, just like in dynasty recruiting. From here, have the player create a list of teams he would be interested in. A 5* player could pick from any school on his list willing to offer. Let him put 10 on a list, any 10. A 4* may have some offers from good teams but teams aren't always knocking down the door after junior year. A 3* recruit is likely closer to a mid-major prospect, while some major interest might be there. These are the types of schools who would realistically express interest at this time.

The key is this. Players cut lists over time. It doesn't typically expand over the course of a senior year. That is what leads to the drama, as a player coming close to a decision and as a fan watching it.

2) I love the senior high school season, and really think it is a great touch. However, one thing I wish it had more of was the dynasty format with news articles, etc. There is absolutely no depth to high school play. You can't see standings or stats. You can't see recruiting rankings. Nothing pumps up big season matchups, or your individual player getting close to his college decision.

3) Recruiting points are good and bad. I like the idea of being able to earn points because it gives you a metric of sorts to understand your player. However, there are also many problems with it in the mode this year. For one, I saw my player in the State Championship throw 4 TDs and 8 INTs. He was at 1 and 8 at one point. Outside of the fact he likely would have been pulled, he still accrued 94 points for that game. Thats a decent game in terms of recruit points but a truly horrific performance. After the game, he was offered a scholarship to go to Oklahoma. What are the odds of that happening? The other problem is that your game performance has no bearing on moving up the rankings. For one, you can never move down. I had another awful performance, 2 TDS, 7 INTS,and moved up 14 spots in the Top 150, but in reality, a performance like that would probably crush you and drop you out of the Top 150, its horrific. The other thing that is overlooked is that there is a difference between a INT in the 1st quarter and an INT down 3 points in the 4th. A TD under 30 seconds to win the game should be more valuable than a TD trailing 14-0 early in the game. But everything is scored equally which somewhat hurts the value.

4) As I mentioned prior, players need to cut lists as the season goes on when it comes to recruiting. That 5* player should have a list of maybe 5 schools by HS playoffs, not 15 with random Rutgers, Temple, and UMASS thrown in. Teams typically don't offer 1 at a time. If a player blows up, they are expressing interest immediately. Add to the realism. And if that 1* recruit puts together a nice season and maybe jumps to a 3*, perhaps he adds to his list, but eliminates the other UMASS and UTSA's in the progress. The other nice touch I think would be at the end of the playoffs. Have your player with the hat ceremony and put the hat on. It would be a little more special and rewarding then just picking a team from out of a list.

5) Practice Mode to me is indeed broken. I don't consider it too hard because I don't think its that, I simply think the point system is broken. After 6 weeks I'm at a 0. I find myself trying to make all risk free passes because if you get intercepted you lose almost all your points (up to -100). If you get sacked its -20. Meanwhile, you get 25 points for a TD but you always start at the 35 yard line so unless you keep throwing bombs (which do get picked off a decent amount), its tough to get that bonus. If I throw 2 TDs and 1 INT in a practice session, I'm lucky to get to 50 points. If you are forced to throw a PA pass and get crushed before you can even look to pass, that shouldn't be -20. Maybe -5 or -10. An INT shouldn't go up to -100. 1 INT when you start playing well wipes out all of your progress. I like a challenge but that is too much. I might not touch it now because of how frustrating it is.

6) I liked the old dorm setup a little better. Had a nice college feel to it, its a slight thing but nonetheless.

Edit: 7) You should get benched for poor performance. If a player throws 1 TD and 7 INTS, why should he still be in the game? Sit him for a series, or two, or the game. My HS shouldn't be able to keep gunning.

8) Better playcall. More variety. It gets boring seeing the same plays once a drive or twice in a row, especially when they barely work like the bubble screen. I know you can audible but I like to keep it somewhat realistic.

Last edited by rjsuperfly66; 07-15-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

It took a season for me to become starting QB at East Carolina as a freaking 5-star overall recruit. I'm a 99 overall now and barely hanging on to a starting spot. Ridiculous.

INTs are absolutely stupid, 100 points lost, even if your worthless TE tips it. Coach calls 19 screen plays in a row = negative yardage or sacks = me losing all the points I put up.

It's hard to do anything on the mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »