Home

Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So}

This is a discussion on Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So} within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: RTG To Hard?? Broken??
Yes 34 65.38%
No 18 34.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
I think the negative points are too much. -20 for a sack - 50 for a fumble -100 for an INT, yet only +25 for a TD pass. It's easy to lose a your points with a ad practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #26
Rookie

Str0mTropper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So}

Not hard, just extremely broken.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #27
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5

Tried playing as a QB and found out the hard way just how broken this mode is. Mode had potential, sad failure.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
Yet Heishman mode seems to be the mode everyone keeps complaining about.. What mode did you play on last year then?
Heisman. It's not the gameplay that's a problem, it's actually really good. You get blown up sometimes but that's the nature of the position (it's really not as glorious as some might think lol). But when guys do block, they hold them pretty well, I never feel cheated, and my QB doesen't throw 6 pics a game like last yr and actually makes really good throws from time to time. The tweaking with the jukes is really good too, I actually feel like I can set people up and make em miss. And all of that is overshadowed cuz of the point system smh.

But I am giving up on Heisman, it really is unplayable at RB (Safety was ok though, even got a few pics in HS). Finally got the starting job but you can't hold on to it. Guaranteed at least two loss of yardage plays (probly more), that's -40 right there. Hopefully the gameplay on AA won't be much different.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

It seems most of you haven't made it past freshman or sophomore year so I have yet to see if anyone else has experienced the game breaking glitch I had. I will start off with how much the mode frustrated me beforehand first though. I was looking forward to having to fight to be a starter and not play hopefully until my sophomore year. I go in on AA as a QB and come out a 5 star recruit and choose Notre Dame as they're the only team on my scholarship list who has me as a third string. I go in and I echo the sentiments of everyone that the practice points system is so broken. My guys don't block so that's negative 20 for sacks and I throw interceptions and guys don't fight got the ball so there is negative 100 there. Screens were always negative yards so I got to the point where I either just tried to run as soon as I could or just threw the ball away. Better to have no points than negative. I played once my freshman year because both strings above me got injured and I led the team to a win against sixth ranked Michigan with 3 tds and 313 yards. Then didn't play again. Finally got enough points to battle for the second string... Before the bowl game my sophomore year. I was like okay, I will position battle before the first game of my Junior year then hopefully work up to starter by the end....

Go into my Junior year and suddenly I am a 40 overall black guy tight end with a different name when right before I was a white 99 overall QB. Say what? Did they even test this because this seems like a huge glitch.. That was it for me.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
Rookie

I am a SS for University of Tennessee on AA DIF.. Started my Highschool Career In Pennsylvania as a QB/SS... Started my highschool career pretty solid at both positions. However, by mid season it became pretty obvious which position I would excell at and which position I wouldnt be playing in college.. Ended my highschool career 10-2 losing in the semi-finals in a nail bitter.. I ended my highschool career with 1500 passing yards 12 tds and 20 ints and a 3 star recruit... On the otherside of the ball I ended with 48 tackles 2 ints 2 FF 2 sacks and was a 4 star recruit.. Got a starting scholarship offer for UT... Starting in the practice drills to get a feel for the D and work on my rating (85 ovr)... It was tough to get any type of stats at first but by the end of the season I had 56 tackles 2 ints 2 FF and .5 sacks.. Won the capital One bowl Versus IOWA ( One thing that did get to me was that I went 11-1 in the reg season lost only to georgia 32-31 and got a Flipping Cap One bowl bid against 9-3 IOWA.. Georgia went on to win the national title with a 12-1 record)... I have now entered my soph season got 1st team all SEC preason poll).. 2 games into the season I have 14 tackles, 2 FF and 1 sack... I am now a 90 ovr... I have to say this years RTG is much more challenging.. Still lacks offseason depth and It is really hard to intercept anything and I HATE!!! that you cant use downloaded rosters.. But all and All its been very entertaining to me while waiting for the CCcarsons's to drop..

BTW.. My player is my actual height of 6'2'... weight of 220... so Im not working with physical speciman, just me with 40 more lbs..
Old 07-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I got all the way up to 146 points during my sophmore year, I needed 200 to challenge for the position. I'm a 99 overall and the starter is a 92. I throw one interception and I get -146 points, just like that I'm back to zero. This is the most depressing thing ever.

From my experience an int. is <-100points and a fumble is -100 points.
Take yds gained and divide by 3 for points. (i.e. 15 yds gained=3 points) 2 points for first down

QB - 5 Star - Second String - Soph - Oregon

Its indeed broken. My buddy went to Auburn as a starter and went to 3rd string after two weeks. He then turned off supersim and just exits RTG every time he throws a pick, he ended up starting again at the bowl game. I've already caught up to him, I created my HS guy when he was in college, because he quits so much.

I would play All-American but thats not what I play on regularly, they just penalize you way to harshly for messing up.

I did make a FS on my friend's PS3 and became the starter week 3 after coming in as the second string on All-American

Last edited by T0L0g1st; 07-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #32
Rookie

My coach must hate me. Im a QB and get about 10 pass plays a game. Its terrible how bad the play calling is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »