Home

NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style

This is a discussion on NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style

The TGT Coach Mode OD that I run is for the 360
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

If anyone is interested in an online PS3 dynasty coach mode let me know. My gamer tag is the same name ghostvisionary. Just reply on this site here. We can settle on settings/sliders as we move forward. Looking for a competive league and people that want to play on a regular basis that enjoy coach mode. Looking to start with a three star team not ranked.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Ghost
Old 07-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
I've loved coach mode for almost as long as I've been alive. The only problem was that I think coach mode in a lot of games is lacking (for example Madden). NCAA is probably one of my favorites in this regard, although nothing can beat College Hoops 2k8 for me.

That said, if there is a way to run a NCAA 13 Coach Mode dynasty on PS3, I'd be down.
I agree. NCAA is by far the best football coach mode game out there. Madden doesn't even come close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #36
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostvisionary
If anyone is interested in an online PS3 dynasty coach mode let me know. My gamer tag is the same name ghostvisionary. Just reply on this site here. We can settle on settings/sliders as we move forward. Looking for a competive league and people that want to play on a regular basis that enjoy coach mode. Looking to start with a three star team not ranked.

Ghost
I'm interested. PSN is Better4Ever.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostvisionary

Ghost
Im Interested psn- greg3760
Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
In my FAU in 12 I love non-conference games when I'm not facing the Sun Belts no huddle offenses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 6

For anyone who is interested, I have now played a total of 4 CM games in NCAA13 on my 360 - all with Default Sliders and Tuner downloaded and installed. Three games in Heisman, one game in Varsity. Three games with 5 minute quarters, one game with 10 minute quarters. Here are my observations:

1. Game play seems better and more realistic in NCAA13.
2. Screens and draws work better.
3. CPU can run the ball (287 yards as Tennessee against me as Alabama in a 45-42 shootout Tennessee victory at Bryant-Denny).
4. Custom playbooks now seem to work properly.
5. Passing is much more realistic.
6. Pass coverage is suspect, especially on Post patterns - DBs lose coverage too easily - probably can be addressed either with slider adjustment or by increasing Awareness.
7. Two games I played as Memphis (D ratings) against Ole Miss (B ratings) were closer than I would have expected. The CPU did not take either game away from me late via the dreaded Momentum increase.
8. Fumbles and interceptions seem about right.
9. Still no Fair Catches of Punts for the Human team - not even if you press the RB button to "Watch the Next Play" on a Punt Return.
10. I have seen one coffin-corner punt by the CPU-coached team, but none by my team.
11. No FG, PAT, or Punt blocks yet by either team.
12. Few penalties by either team.
13. The game still cannot accurately count up total time of possession to equal the total game length, either at halftime or at game's end.

Overall, I think that NCAA13 is significantly better than NCAA12 for CM play style and I'm glad I bought it. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Patch to see what changes are made.

My biggest gripe is that the Fair Catch issue has not been addressed - it should be simple since the CPU is running plays for both teams and the CPU-coached team frequently and generally correctly calls for a Fair Catch, but never for the Human Team.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
I hate to see this because, me being the man I am and having the house to myself this weekend, I'll go out and buy 13 in the morning.

*logs out of OS*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »