Home

Online Dynasty Recruiting Restrictions

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Recruiting Restrictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Online Dynasty Recruiting Restrictions

So I am working on tightening up the rules in our Online Dynasty for 13. Everyone is in agreement, except for recruiting restrictions. I think it is unrealistic and anti-competitive to allow teams to sign 25 players when they only have 12 seniors graduating. I have seen many leagues include a rule restricting the number of scholarships handed out each year.

What are the reasons you have implemented these rules in your Dynasty, and how well do they work?

Thank you for any input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Online Dynasty Recruiting Restrictions

I'm all for realism, and unfortunately oversigning is common in real life college football. I am generally against putting recruiting restrictions in my online dynasties for this very reason.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I put recruiting restrictions on myself in offline dynasty personally. My dynasty I'll be running this year with UMASS will have plenty of restrictions such as being able to recruit only a certain number of players in a certain caliber based on my school prestige and how many scholarships I can hand out.

I implement them to simulate the difficulty in recruiting in smaller schools and realism in recruiting and it adds to the fun for me. I like challenges.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I read one set of rules, and they explained their reasoning. It seems that once they have a handle on their own recruiting, some will target extra players being recruiting by leaguemates. They do this not because they need the player, but they don't want the other team to get them.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

We did it to keep users from cutting players the computer teams need. If you sign too many eventually the computer controlled teams lose all depth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

We recruited on heisman only so limiting caliber of recruit was not a big of an issue as quanity. So we made it so that you could only recruit the number of seniors that you had leaving plus 3. That number seemed to work well for us. Then for guys who broke the rule and ended up signing more then there were allowed lost 3 scholarships the next year and could only recruit the number of seniors graduating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »