Home

I figured out why the leaderboards are so jacked. EA: Look here!!!

This is a discussion on I figured out why the leaderboards are so jacked. EA: Look here!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I figured out why the leaderboards are so jacked. EA: Look here!!!

Im 32-6 online and my skill level is ranked 1? Then i have a friend who is 2-0 and his skill level is 3?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

These are first world problems right here.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Banned

One of the biggest problem with modern online sports games is the mere existence of leaderboards. Nothing else has created a more negative atmosphere in gaming.

I would be embarrassed to be ranked anywhere near the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
OK... here's the problem. It's treating every single game you play as you playing against an opponent with a skill level of 0. Not even a 1. You can play against a skill number 8 and it still treats it as a 0. It's freaking out, having no idea how to handle a zero. This also explains why you lose so much for a loss, yet gain so little for a win.

To see for yourself...
  • Goto leaderboards.
  • Scroll over to AOL (average opponent skill level).
  • Everyone is a 0.
There's your problem, EA. Diagnosed. Please fix it.
I'm guessing 0 AOL is a result of an underlying problem rather than the cause. If 0 AOL was the cause, the problem would impact everyone exactly the same (since the leaderboards would be tricked into thinking everyone is the same level player). Meaning, a 23-2 player's two losses would have been equally detrimental to a 17-2 player's. Yet I've seen 23-2 players in the top 200 and 17-2 players unranked.

AOL may be a result or even a secondary cause, but I doubt it is the primary cause of the problems because there is just too much variation from one case to the next.

There is obviously a problem though.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

im 39-6 but i personally like the fact that the rank is messed up...rank creates a win at all cost mindset. I think the only thing E.A. should show is the DNF% AND GET RID OF THE RANK SYSTEMS
Old 07-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
Rookie

I think EA just finnally figured out how to not give cheesers full advantage in the leaderboard. if you have terrible sportsmanship your gonna not get many points. im 7-0 and in the top 50.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodinvillewa
I think EA just finnally figured out how to not give cheesers full advantage in the leaderboard. if you have terrible sportsmanship your gonna not get many points. im 7-0 and in the top 50.
Lose a game or two and then get back to us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Just lost my first game (to a nanoblitzer using Texas), dropped to 6-1 and dropped from Level 4 to Level 3 and from 112 to 894.

I am tied in rank with all 2-0 guys as well as a 20-3 guy and a few random 1 loss guys like me. My Season Showdown numbers are 9-2-11 across the board, 3,699 credits, whatever that means. Most of the guys around me are 1-1-1.

Now what is interesting to me is that there is a both a 59-4 player and a 48-5 player in the Top 25. The 59-4 is ranked #6, Level 7 and the 48-5 is ranked #24, Level 5. Now what sticks out at me here is that these guys both have very high Season Showdown "Skill" ratings. The 59-4 guy's is 35 and the 48-5 guy's is 42, which is the highest Season Showdown "Skill" rating of anyone in the Top 100. The next highest Season Showdown skill rating is 41 and that is the #1 overall player who is 78-2 with 41-1-16 across (cheese much?).

Guys that are 36-3 and 29-3 are also ranked in the top 100 with Season Showdown ratings of 26-35-7 and 13-9-23 across the board respectively.

So what I am wondering is... is it possible season showdown is tied in some manner to rating points and thus changing the level of a win? Just thinking out loud here but that struck me as very odd as no one else in the Top 100 has any more than 2 losses except these 4 with astronomical Season Showdown numbers.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »