Home

Pulling OL guys

This is a discussion on Pulling OL guys within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Blocking is bad. I made these 4 videos in 1 game playing as VA Tech

Watch the LT, LG, C, and FB do nothing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW6mj...e_gdata_player

Watch the pulling RG run past the hole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82EEK...e_gdata_player

Watch the HB (the designed lead blocker) run past the LB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mckw...e_gdata_player

Watch the TE on the right run past the LB and go after the safety
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-o7c...e_gdata_player

I didn't even use sprint and auto-sprint is not on. I've seen bad blocking like this in countless games but because I don't have a capture card, I never made any videos but I was getting so disgusted, I whipped out my iPhone and did the best I could with 1 hand. The OP is right. Run blocking was a lot better in '12.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #18
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Pulling OL guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Yeah, this is a problem. You just gotta get used to it.

Ever since the PS2 days, EA games have had this problem. I have wished on every shooting star since then that EA would program the right stick to allow me to control the nearest lineman (like use the L-Stick to kick out, you see you have one guard in front of you and they have one safety, you click the R-Stick and you now have control of two players: runner on the L, guard on the R). Has never happened.
Actually this was in madden 04/05 on ps2 to an extent. You didn't click, you just pushed it in the direction of the defender you wanted your lead blocked to focus on. I think madden 07 or 08 had a feature called lead blocked control, where on running plays, you started the play in control of the lead blocker, manually made the block, then switched off to the RB.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

When I see stuff like "this problem doesn't exist, such and such works fine to me" I just shake my head. All it takes is a simple youtube search and you can find countless videos proving that there is in fact a problem with the run blocking.

Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to convince people that the world isn't flat.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

everyone just wants to tell you that youre doing it wrong and they are better at football than you. some people on here literally read half a post and then try to tell you how much more they know about real football. this has absolutely nothing to do with real football. this has to do with terrible assignment programming. there is a reason why better ol/dl interaction has been one of the number one asked for things for years.

the same people who say that blocking isnt a problem are the same people who find 1-2 running plays and abuse the hell out of it.

i get sick and tired of seeing thread after thread where a wide known problem is being discussed and guys bring in this "i know football better than you, youre doing it wrong" mentality. just because youve figured out a couple plays that work doesnt mean there arent serious serious longstanding programming and assigment issues.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #21
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltool
everyone just wants to tell you that youre doing it wrong and they are better at football than you. some people on here literally read half a post and then try to tell you how much more they know about real football. this has absolutely nothing to do with real football. this has to do with terrible assignment programming. there is a reason why better ol/dl interaction has been one of the number one asked for things for years.

the same people who say that blocking isnt a problem are the same people who find 1-2 running plays and abuse the hell out of it.

i get sick and tired of seeing thread after thread where a wide known problem is being discussed and guys bring in this "i know football better than you, youre doing it wrong" mentality. just because youve figured out a couple plays that work doesnt mean there arent serious serious longstanding programming and assigment issues.
I never said it wasn't a problem, but there are factors that a user does that make the problem seem worse than it is. Of course the game can use better o-line/D-line interactions. But there are suggestions here given by me and others to make the problem not as prevelant. Most people aren't reading half of a post, they are trying to help their fellow OS bretheren with their problem the best way they can with the limitations of the game. Not 1 person here said that there weren't blocking issues, or if they did, they were a known problem poster that I already have ignored. But multiple people have tried to help best they can with the issue. They didn't just brush them off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
You're doing it wrong. I haven't had a problem like this. Are you using the sprint button and getting too far ahead of the O-line? You gotta stay back and let them do what they're going to do and react to that, instead of just running around the corner as fast as possible.
What he said stop overrunning your blocks, dont hit sprint until you see open field.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #23
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Actually this was in madden 04/05 on ps2 to an extent. You didn't click, you just pushed it in the direction of the defender you wanted your lead blocked to focus on. I think madden 07 or 08 had a feature called lead blocked control, where on running plays, you started the play in control of the lead blocker, manually made the block, then switched off to the RB.
Yep. Playmaker was pretty good. Still wasn't as good as being able to put the blocker right where you wanted him, but much better than what we have now. This is actually what made me wish I could just control the lead blocker.

The main problem I have with blocking is that when my OL is engaged with a CPU DL, the DL peels right off my OL as I'm running by, tackling me. But on the other side, my DL is stuck to the CPU OL by six pounds of crazy glue.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Definitely an issue this year, there are videos all over youtube of lineman blocking poorly. Either they run forward and blankly and do not even attempt to block a player, or they will run towards a player as if they are going to throw a block and then let the defensive player run right by them without a contest

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »