Home

Pulling OL guys

This is a discussion on Pulling OL guys within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Pulling OL guys

Is it me, or does it seem that every time an OL guy pulls, he literally blocks no one? I mean, he just runs into empty space and doesn't touch anyone.

So far in my game, I've ran 7 plays with a pulling guard, and all 7 the player has blocked exactly...no one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Pulling OL guys

I see them blocking but not always and sometimes they are out of position and just miss. I also see in coaching mode, instead of following the pulling offensive lineman, the rb goes into the hole in the line where he pulled from and get tackled immediately. They do that often.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

my issue is that they leave a giant hole and the defense always gets into the back field.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

You're doing it wrong. I haven't had a problem like this. Are you using the sprint button and getting too far ahead of the O-line? You gotta stay back and let them do what they're going to do and react to that, instead of just running around the corner as fast as possible.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
my issue is that they leave a giant hole and the defense always gets into the back field.
That means the lineman arent cutting down like they should

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217

Last edited by Ky3217; 07-15-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
You're doing it wrong. I haven't had a problem like this. Are you using the sprint button and getting too far ahead of the O-line? You gotta stay back and let them do what they're going to do and react to that, instead of just running around the corner as fast as possible.
A lot of the time you have no choice, if they happen to blitz a backer he shoots the gap and you have to turbo and get away from him and then your right on the guards tail and then you can try and wait for him but the guards usually go in to block someone that's no threat to the play in stead of a corner or safety that could spring a big game. I won't say they never block who they need to but more often than not they are doing the wrong thing
Old 07-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhurricane266
A lot of the time you have no choice, if they happen to blitz a backer he shoots the gap and you have to turbo and get away from him and then your right on the guards tail and then you can try and wait for him but the guards usually go in to block someone that's no threat to the play in stead of a corner or safety that could spring a big game. I won't say they never block who they need to but more often than not they are doing the wrong thing
Depending on the play, they're not always going to go block a corner

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Old 07-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Depending on the play, they're not always going to go block a corner
Yes, i know I'm aware of that.. The instances I'm talking about is tey are lead guard pulling and there really is no threat of a scraping lb or he tries to shoot the gap so the logical thing is for me to follow him and he should keep going to te corner or safety but he will inexplicably stop and shoot back in the rubbish inside with no threat and I'm left to try an make a corner or safety miss instead of having a decent gain from that block.it happens way more than it should. These are usually counters and single back powers where the guards pull in space.i know plays like power o's are not intended to get out like that

Last edited by Mhurricane266; 07-15-2012 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »