Home

Deep ball too easy, I know why.

This is a discussion on Deep ball too easy, I know why. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 05:06 AM   #17
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Deep ball too easy, I know why.

Here's another reason why I doubt EA is going to do anything about it. The game is a compression of a real game that goes on for 60 minutes. The is the first version where I hear Nessler talking about 15 minute quarters. Not many play 15 minute quarters. By making it easier to score, you get more realistic scores and stats. Many football games, real ones, are played longer than an entire NCAA game (20 minutes for most NCAA games) without a score or only 1 or two scores. An NCAA game usually for most is slightly longer than a quarter in a real game. You don't want to see the entire scoreboard for your NCAA game to be 1 and 2 score games. Just to get realistic passing and rushing stats for a 60 minute game, EA made it easier to do both so you can get similar stats with a 5 minute quarter game. The way the game it, if people did 15 minute quarters, games would be 200 points and they would have to do something to make it harder, more real.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

So let me get this straight. If you set up a play with multiple short passes, and runs, then happen upon a play where you have a streaking WR is either in between the cover 2 safeties AND there is no LB in the line of site between you and him, or its man, a safety blitzed\cover 1 AND he beats the DB. If all of those things happen, you have a long pass for a TD, most of the time. Dont forget that a safety can cover 40 yards while the ball is in the air and tackle you at the 1 yard line.

If I were getting beat by the short game I would adjust to take that away with the possible cost of a long ball. Sounds like the game is doing what comes natural.

You have a point with the perfect throws down field but honestly I got sick of last years game where a 99\99 tp\ta QB would throw every long ball where the WR beat his man out of bounds or just simply overthrow the receiver.

A good QB should be able to hit an open receiver, a good WR should be able to catch that ball and run. If the defense is out of position, the offense should exploit that fully.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Looks like most people in this thread play against the computer, you don't have this problem playing online, unless the user is in a deep ball vulnerable defense.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

We really should be at the point by now, I think, where we can have one video game that can give a very sim or a very arcade experience with the use of sliders. That's supposed to be the point of them, along with tailored difficulty.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
Here's another reason why I doubt EA is going to do anything about it. The game is a compression of a real game that goes on for 60 minutes. The is the first version where I hear Nessler talking about 15 minute quarters. Not many play 15 minute quarters. By making it easier to score, you get more realistic scores and stats. Many football games, real ones, are played longer than an entire NCAA game (20 minutes for most NCAA games) without a score or only 1 or two scores. An NCAA game usually for most is slightly longer than a quarter in a real game. You don't want to see the entire scoreboard for your NCAA game to be 1 and 2 score games. Just to get realistic passing and rushing stats for a 60 minute game, EA made it easier to do both so you can get similar stats with a 5 minute quarter game. The way the game it, if people did 15 minute quarters, games would be 200 points and they would have to do something to make it harder, more real.
The time difference is more about how little time it takes in between plays. I'd think most people who play against the computer play a length that produces about 140 or so plays per game, which is the same amount of plays in an actual game.

You said that the game allows for more offense to get accurate statistics, yet when you throw for a 20 yds per completion average, how is that realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #22
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
The time difference is more about how little time it takes in between plays. I'd think most people who play against the computer play a length that produces about 140 or so plays per game, which is the same amount of plays in an actual game.

You said that the game allows for more offense to get accurate statistics, yet when you throw for a 20 yds per completion average, how is that realistic?

The play clock is the same as in real football games, 40 seconds. They just cut part of it out after you make your play selection so you don't have to sit there for an extra 30 seconds in between each play. Next time you play, check that its at 40 after a play and after you choose your play and come out of the huddle, watch it wind down some. And I don't have 20 yd per completion average, I throw short balls too.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/10940534

Quote:
NCAA bans horse-collar tackles, will use 40-second play clock

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »