Home

Who Is Using Screens Successfully?

This is a discussion on Who Is Using Screens Successfully? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Rookie

gbpackers94's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who Is Using Screens Successfully?

I can do screens to the HB and FB consistently, but when I try to go to the WR its almost always deflected or intercepted.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

What coverage is the defense playing? Cover 2 Man, Cover 1, man blitzes and coverages with the corner already in the flat are hard to run hb screens on. Cover 3, Cover 4, or zone blitzes with the corner not in the flat are easy to run screens on. You can't just say you want to run a screen so it should work. Like any other run or pass play it depends on the coverage and user execution.

As far as playing against the cpu, if it looks like they're going to blitz, HB Screens should always work, since they will blitz. WR screens work best against base cover 4 and cover 3 (corner has deep, lb too slow to get over) and should work against cover 2, but the other recievers generally do not block very well.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

WR screens is all about reading the coverages, you're best bet is to hot route the WR on the opposite side of the field if there is one to a route that can maybe bail you our or throwing it away/running if they have the screen covered
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I wish that you could throw the ball at the receivers feet when the screen isnt there.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
I have always run screens well, the key is to never try to gun in the pass just tap the button and like a screen in real life to let the pass rush come toward the QB some.

However if the DE is playing it well and is running out you may complete the pass but he'll eat up the HB

I've tried to use the auto QB drop in 13, but that seems to be a mistake with screens. So I've resorted to the 10 yd back scramble. The only way it'll sometimes work is if the HB is on my right, I back pedal to the left and vice versa.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpartans11
What coverage is the defense playing? Cover 2 Man, Cover 1, man blitzes and coverages with the corner already in the flat are hard to run hb screens on. Cover 3, Cover 4, or zone blitzes with the corner not in the flat are easy to run screens on. You can't just say you want to run a screen so it should work. Like any other run or pass play it depends on the coverage and user execution.

As far as playing against the cpu, if it looks like they're going to blitz, HB Screens should always work, since they will blitz. WR screens work best against base cover 4 and cover 3 (corner has deep, lb too slow to get over) and should work against cover 2, but the other recievers generally do not block very well.

Good point - thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »