Home

OMG look what happened thread

This is a discussion on OMG look what happened thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
Rookie

Cuse 15's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: OMG look what happened thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I just started up an Oregon dynasty for fun and to burn some time. I got a Studio Update in Week 2 saying that Western Kentucky beat Alabama 14-10.. I don't know what's more surprising, Alabama only scoring 10 against Western Kentucky or Alabama allowing 14 points..
I got the thing in my dynasty with the same score, Bama also lost their next game
Old 07-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

I won 58-56 in 5 OT. Both teams combined scored 8 touchdowns in overtime. It came down to a missed 2pt conversion. Best game I've ever played in NCAA.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
I won 58-56 in 5 OT. Both teams combined scored 8 touchdowns in overtime. It came down to a missed 2pt conversion. Best game I've ever played in NCAA.
Damn that's one hell of a game. I haven't experienced one of those on NCAA yet. I really hope I do at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #12
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

I just started up a dynasty, as the OC for SJSU. Using Oklahoma State's air raid playbook, I went undefeated somehow (I simmed all my conference games) and my QB was a Heisman finalist. Tulsa, who is playing in the BCS National Championship game against Kansas State, is home to Heisman winner Cody Green. He ended up with around 4000 total yards and 40 total TDs. The crazy part about it is he only had a few more 1st place votes than Montee Ball. I've never seen a Heisman vote be that close in any NCAA game before. So between simulating and going undefeated to Tulsa being in the National Championship game, this year was crazy.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Okay, I have two moments, but both of mine come from NCAA 12 (i am still playing it and waiting until the weekend before the real season so we get all the latest patches, uniforms, and rosters before starting my 13 dynasty). A few years in, I had made some massive conference changes and made them more geographically based. So, the ACC was mostly Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, and the North/South Carolinas. I was highly ranked, around 3-4, and was visiting a .500 team in Kentucky. I controlled the whole game, going into the 4th quarter with a 21-3 lead. They end up storming back and tying the game up, sending it into overtime at 24-24. We go to not 1, not 2, not even 3, 4, or 5, but 6 overtimes before we bank a field goal off the right upright and threw for 3, and then on Kentucky's possession, Kyle Fuller jumps a stop route at the sideline and picks it off to secure the victory. In this game, Logan Thomas had 8 total touchdowns, with 5 of them coming on the ground. One of the most fun games I have EVER played in my life.

However, it did not top this next game. The awesome part? I had another game 2 weeks later after this game against West Virginia (@ west virginia), and I got ABSOLUTELY molested by WVU, as their running back ran for over 400 yards and had 8...yes 8 touchdowns against me. We ended up crawling back into the game, and I stormed back to win 77-76 in an absolute thriller. However, in terms of mood swings, this game right here is probably my best ever with the sheer fact that i even counted myself out at the end of the game, and somehow, someway dug scratched and clawed my way back. I actually made a post for this one with videos and pictures for proof, so if you guys want a good read, check this out:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043580416

Last edited by mm boost; 07-16-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossafan91
Eric Soza (the UTSA QB) just won the heisman in my first year of a UNM dynasty. He beat out Colin Klien (KSU) Denard Robinson (Mich) Curtis McNeal (USC) and Trent Steelman (Army)

Soza went 228-405 3381 yds, 228 CAR for 1253 yds, and 53 total TDs.
Well, that answers a question I had. I played one game using UTSA against and FCS team and went up 31-0 at halftime. UTSA is rated too highly for what they are. UTSA plays 5 FCS teams in their schedule. With Soza rated as a 75 overall, he is going to put up those numbers. I have a feeling their ratings are going to have to come down to match a typical generic FCS team....
Old 07-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

QB's in this game throw shuttle/shovel passes.

I've never seen that before and I loved it when I saw it. I actually flipped out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
Rookie

gysgtam's Arena

OVR: 1

In RTG I was the heisman front runner the majority of the season going into the SEC championship I played the guy from Georgia he was in 2nd we lost to Georgia I ran for 220 and 2 TDs by the end of the year I outrushed the Georgia running back by 780 yards and 7 TDs and I did not get the heisman.

Only game I lost was to UGA. UGA had lost 2 up to the heisman point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »