Home

More challenging way to start dynasty, as OC or DC?

This is a discussion on More challenging way to start dynasty, as OC or DC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
More challenging way to start dynasty, as OC or DC?

Last year I started as an OC for a 1* program and worked my way up to being HC at UCLA (then built them into a powerhouse). This year I'm considering starting as a DC because I feel like as an OC I always have a chance to just outscore any team even if I and playing as FAU against like Alabama. Just curious what everyone else thinks on this?

Any recommendations which 1* team I should start with between NMSU, Idaho, or Akron? Keep in mind I like it to be challenging. At this point I'm leaning toward NMSU as a launching point and eventually moving to HC at a 2-4* program in a power conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: More challenging way to start dynasty, as OC or DC?

I've always found DC to be more challenging. In my UMass DC dynasty its especially tough going as the offense can't move the ball or take time off the clock. My defense had more total touchdowns than my offense at one point in the season too.

I suppose it depends mostly on the personnel though.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'd definately say DC. The main reason is that if you play as an OC - and your D is horrid - its ok - you get more time on the field to hit those goals. But...if you play as a DC - and your O is horrid...you have more time on the field and the yardage goals get harder and harder to obtain. This will greatly slow down your prestige progression and slow you down from getting a good offer.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

DC is harder due to the goal system. Winning should be more important than yards given up but unfortunately it isn't. Who cares if you give up 300 yards as long as you don't allow them to score more points than your team?
NHL: Washington Capitals
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10

I would say, DC. Simply because, I feel you can have more success overall as an OC. You can win every game by simply outscoring your opponent in this game. Leading to more wins, and more recognition.
NHL: Tampa Bay Lightning
NCAA: UCF Knights
FIFA: Real Madrid CF

XBL Gamertag: THE YAMA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Seems like I should definitely go with DC then. Any opinions/recommendations on a 1* program to start as? Like I said in the first post, I'm leaning toward NMSU at the moment since they have decent uniforms, an okay on-campus stadium, and are in a state that makes recruiting challenging.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
My 2 cents however since I'm late to the thread you've probably already made your decision. I played as a DC on last year's edition with Washington State and it was more of a challenge meeting your goals and finally around year 3 or 4 I had a stout defense. However the offense struggled. Then I was offered the HC at UNC. Play as a DC you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »