Home

INT's are too much.

This is a discussion on INT's are too much. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7
INT's are too much.

I don't think i've had a game yet on All-American where i haven't thrown atleast 1. I'm always like 15-17 and one of the incompletions are a INT. They come off of player sliding over and jumping the route in the most unrealistic way. I lowered the INT slider down and it didn't change anything, if your pass isn't to a wide open receiver then you got like a 60% chance of it being picked off. One of the only things frustrating me this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: INT's are too much.

I had this same problem for my first few games. I had to adjust how I approached the passing game. I'm also playing on All-American, with default sliders. Throws that worked in the past may not, and throws that didn't work in the past do. if a DB is covering the flat and your WR runs an out route, you can throw the ball to that WR and the flats DB won't make a magical play on the ball.

One thing to consider is start throwing your WRs open. If your WR is running an in route, and the safety is on top of him, you can pull down on the stick and throw the ball to lead him back towards the line of scrimmage as he comes across. That will help him maintain body position. This works on posts, flags, etc. You can flatten out corner routes, lengthen them, etc. Try leading your WR inside the field on a go route when you have man coverage and the safety has left the center wide open.

Your pre-snap reads need to be keen as well. You need to take note of where the safeties are, where the blitz might come from, and any possible mismatches in alignment.

Lastly, start thinking about the routes you run. Stop running slants all day long. The CPU is going to adjust to what you're doing. If you run curls all day long, the CPU is going to start jumping those routes. Try running an out route or a go route and see how the DB reacts.

Once I adjusted how I threw the ball, I started to see routes open up that weren't open in NCAA 12. I went from throwing 4+ picks a game to solid passing numbers. Of course, your QB and WRs play a part in all this. If you WRs can't run routes, they won't fool the DBs.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I had this same problem for my first few games. I had to adjust how I approached the passing game. I'm also playing on All-American, with default sliders. Throws that worked in the past may not, and throws that didn't work in the past do. if a DB is covering the flat and your WR runs an out route, you can throw the ball to that WR and the flats DB won't make a magical play on the ball.

One thing to consider is start throwing your WRs open. If your WR is running an in route, and the safety is on top of him, you can pull down on the stick and throw the ball to lead him back towards the line of scrimmage as he comes across. That will help him maintain body position. This works on posts, flags, etc. You can flatten out corner routes, lengthen them, etc. Try leading your WR inside the field on a go route when you have man coverage and the safety has left the center wide open.

Your pre-snap reads need to be keen as well. You need to take note of where the safeties are, where the blitz might come from, and any possible mismatches in alignment.

Lastly, start thinking about the routes you run. Stop running slants all day long. The CPU is going to adjust to what you're doing. If you run curls all day long, the CPU is going to start jumping those routes. Try running an out route or a go route and see how the DB reacts.

Once I adjusted how I threw the ball, I started to see routes open up that weren't open in NCAA 12. I went from throwing 4+ picks a game to solid passing numbers. Of course, your QB and WRs play a part in all this. If you WRs can't run routes, they won't fool the DBs.
This is great advice to follow, I'm still getting some miracle picks that make me want to walk away but it's not so bad.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Oh, and one more piece to add: it's time for people to start actually throw the ball away. The days of stone-handed DBs seems to be disappearing. In every game I play, if I throw a bad pass, and the DB gets two hands on the ball, it's a pick. Better to throw it away and punt.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
My opinion is different. I think its finally realistic in comparison to previous games where the defense seemed to be stupid. But that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

How can their be too many INTs where everyone is saying its too easy to throw TDs all the time.....hmmmm.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Threshold affects "psychic" DBs and sliding, so try lowering your threshold.

That, and throw the ball away.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7

I want realism yes, but the receiver having to be wide open or else the DB will pick it off isn't realism. The WR never seems to overpower the DB's. A 90+ WR vs. a 79 DB and yet the DB wins all day long?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »