Home

Coaching Contracts OFF effect on coach prestige?

This is a discussion on Coaching Contracts OFF effect on coach prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Coaching Contracts OFF effect on coach prestige?

If coaching contracts are turned off, will coach prestige stay the same no matter what since you aren't completing any contract goals? Or will coach prestige still improve regardless of the fact contracts are turned off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coaching Contracts OFF effect on coach prestige?

Unless they have changed if from NCAA '12, success will not improve coach prestige. (X360 version)

I am only a few games into my NCAA '13 dynasty (X360 version), but on my '12 Alabama dynasty, with coaching contracts turned "OFF", I went 49-6 over four years, claiming 3 SEC titles and 1 National Championship, and my created coach started at "D" prestige and stayed at "D" prestige. No improvement despite a great record. This was disappointing, however it was not a gamebreaker for me, as my sustained success meant I could still recruit competitively because my grades were strong in enough other categories.

On a side note, NCAA '12 was my first year on a next gen platform solely due to the fact that, as far as I know, there was no option to turn contracts "OFF" until the NCAA '12 version. Before I just stayed with PS2 versions that you could turn the contracts "OFF". Being able to turn contracts "OFF" has been a very crucial option for me in my NCAA dynasties over the years.

I realize this isn't a direct answer to your question, but it may lend some insight. Hopefully someone far enough into '13 can confirm the answer.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Any more info on this? I'm really curious because I have an online dynasty where a few of us created coaches. I'm Kentucky and so far no change in prestige (Year 2, Week 7) but I'm not exactly setting the world on fire either.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Searched and found this thread - does anyone have any more information on this? In my OD we all have created coaches and we're at the end of season 1 and all at D Coach Prestige, except one guy who is D- for whatever reason.

Does anyone have any solid info on this?
Old 10-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

If coaching contracts are turned off, Coach Prestige will stay the same. So, if you create a coach, like my online dynasty calls for, you're stuck with a D- prestige throughout the whole dynasty and there's no way to change it. At least I havent' found a way to change it. Now, one of my online dynasties are screwed from the create coach aspect.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »