Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #33
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchiro
Ooh... A "high school" blast. Wow. Try a "yo mamma" joke next! :-)

Again making my point for me. Why are you even here? I'm minding my own business I don't need you to mind it for me.

I thought people ignored things they don't care about.
Sorry, you're acting like a whiny 14 year old, so I thought I'd talk to you as one.

FTR, it wasn't your initial post that there's anything wrong with, it's every one in this thread since then.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #34
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6
Hasn't EA said multiple times that Heisman and All Madden are designed to be cheap

Sent From My Nexus S 4G *****!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Sorry, you're acting like a whiny 14 year old, so I thought I'd talk to you as one.

FTR, it wasn't your initial post that there's anything wrong with, it's every one in this thread since then.
Even if that was the case of me whining, who are you to me to correct it? Darth Vader? You're my father now? Lol.

After the initial posts, people came in here posting condescending and snark remarks about the initial posts. So they are now getting that same kind of reply back. Which in turn starts the name calling, but see: whiny 14 year old kid.

Your initial post was filled with snark and that's exactly what you got in return. At least now I know that you're one of those folks who can dish but not take.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #36
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
If the computer didn't cheat I'd go 14-0 every season and never lose a game...I'd rather be frustrated and lose 1-3 games a season then just rick roll every team.

You're right, but this is really the heart of the problem. EA should be able to design a game that doesn't make us choose between going undefeated every single season or putting up with cheap, frustrating AI play. This has been a huge problem with this series for years now, and it's inexcusable that EA tells us every year that they've fixed these issues, yet nothing in the game ever actually changes.

I don't really mind losing games against the CPU when I feel like I got outplayed, or because of a dumb mistake I made. And Dynasty wouldn't be fun if I never lost at all. But I HATE losing while feeling like the game was rigged and nothing I did would have ever resulted in a win. We've all had those games where your WRs drop 18 passes, or your star RB loses 5 fumbles, or the CPU RB racks up 300+ yards and breaks 23 tackles, and they really ruin my enjoyment of the game.

All I want is a challenging, but fair, football game where both I and the CPU have a legitimate chance to win any given contest. If I wanted to pay money to play games that are simply impossible to win, I'd go to a carnival or something.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #37
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Interesting AI you have there, EA.

Me as Buffalo, CPU as Kent St.

I come to the line in 4WR-Spread, play call was smash corners.

CPU comes out in dime 3-2-6. Initial pre-snap read shows both safeties high, MOFO. No press, no one showing blitz.

I audible to run (stick down).

Both safeties dart to the line, one of the nickelbacks slides in showing blitz. Ok, cool.

I reset back to smash corner.

Defense resets.

I reset again, thinking maybe I will bluff the audible to the CPU.

They stay.

Audible to run again.

Defense shows heavy blitz again.

What the hell kind of programming is this? Its like a built in IF/THEN statement so they are prepared for whatever you are running. There's no chess match, no out thinking the other CPU coach, no bluffing or trying to get them out of position. Basically half of football thrown out the window. Gone.

EDIT: this is on AA

Last edited by aspengc8; 07-18-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #38
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
There IS an echo in here.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #39
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandi1
The hate of this game is getting a little out of hand. The computer doesn't "cheat" I mean come on, its the hardest difficulty of course its gonna be a little difficult

My suggestion is in your Online Dynasty is to change some sliders around to make things more even. I know its frustrating when the computer can seem to come back with 3 minutes left, but that's the challenge in the game. I love it personally. I don't think the game cheats. If it was doing this stuff on varsity, then we have a problem, but if you play on Heisman, its going to push you and cause you to have problems.

Just my $.02
Maybe if you actually took the time out to read what they are saying, rather than respond with the emotions because of your support for EA, you'd see they have very legitimate points. That can be proven. The CPU does cheat and you saying it doesn't cheat doesn't take away the fact that it does.

And it's been doing so for years this is nothing new with EA products. Their programming is flawed and one-sided. And their tuning is pretty bad as well especially when the majority deletes it from their hard drives.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #40
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8

Me as Buffalo, CPU as Kent St.

I come to the line in 4WR-Spread, play call was smash corners.

CPU comes out in dime 3-2-6. Initial pre-snap read shows both safeties high, MOFO. No press, no one showing blitz.

I audible to run (stick down).

Both safeties dart to the line, one of the nickelbacks slides in showing blitz. Ok, cool.

I reset back to smash corner.

Defense resets.

I reset again, thinking maybe I will bluff the audible to the CPU.

They stay.

Audible to run again.

Defense shows heavy blitz again.

What the hell kind of programming is this? Its like a built in IF/THEN statement so they are prepared for whatever you are running. There's no chess match, no out thinking the other CPU coach, no bluffing or trying to get them out of position. Basically half of football thrown out the window. Gone.

EDIT: this is on AA
The reason for this is because the initial game engine was built on speed. Nothing else. Player speed would be the end all tell all. Then they started with all these gimmicks and feature sets that did nothing for the core game engine. So the CPU cheating will always be there until they scrap their game engine or someone else gets their hands on a football license.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »