Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan82
To get back on track...I also feel that the AI gives itself a bump in ratings when losing in the 4th Quarter. I play on Heisman difficulty (mainly because I go undefeated on AA) and play with Buffalo (not a good team). However, I will be dominating the game, with 4-5 sacks, 2 Int's, and about 150 total yards allowed until 4 minutes to go in the 4th. All of a sudden, the AI QB has perfect accuracy, threading the ball between 3 defenders time and time again (most happen to be up the sidelines so the clock can stop). When they eventually score, it's an 80 yard drive in 25 seconds. Fine, people get pumped up and it can happen, but every game??? in the MAC???? I doubt that. I mean, come on, this happened against Akron, UMass, & Kent State.

In addition to the AI Super QB & WR's in the 4Q, I can't do anything on offense in the last few minutes as my QB forgets how to throw (no interceptions, just can't hit an open receiver for his life), or my 90 rated RB can't make it back to the line of scrimmage (He likes to get chased down by the D-Line). I will mix it up between run, pass, draw, shotgun, option plays to try to keep the computer guessing, but nothing works.

I'm OK with losing to good team by 40 (any ranked opponent it seems this is the score), but playing against Akron and having this happen is awful. Especially when their QB is one of the worst in the NCAA.

I'm not saying I don't like the challenge, but it makes it almost unenjoyable when you have no control over the last few minutes of the game.
Momentum plays a huge roll in this game.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #50
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

last night i was playing, a crazy unbelievable game against boise state, 7 OT's, what seemed like a ton of BS plays by the cpu, out of bounds catch ruled a catch by the cpu, when i went and looked at the replay, clearly out. Broken tackles galore, and i don't think it's possible for the cpu to get an intentional grounding call. sooo many times i have the qb dead to rights, and he just throws away. ruled an incomplete pass. frustrating
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Old 07-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #51
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

There are times I feel like the defense is reading my mind....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #52
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i just think they get more aggresive. instead of running stupid runs on third and long and screens that they get sacked for 10 yard loses they actually air it out. seems there stratagies all go to aggresive also. running the ball seems to keep them in check, just cover it up. they like to strip late when behind.

season 1 on heisman, havent been beat when ahead in 4th. two comebacks in 4th, one last minute drive to win and a punt return for td with 2 mins left to win. real games get crazy at the end also. be conservative and youll be fine with lead.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #53
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

threads like this clutter the Forum. So I was told.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #54
Rookie

Panda's Arena

*Darts eyes back and forth, makes sure the dust has settled*

Some of these issues(especially in the op) can be fixed with sliders, just saying.

Also, I know this will never happen, but if you go into the game with a mindset of: "This is going to be awesome!" You're going to tend to "see" more awesome things. If you go into the game thinking "Let's see what BS and glitches EA has in store" You're going to "see" more BS and glitches.

I hate to have to sound like a teacher, but an attitude adjustment could really improve a lot of your playing experiences.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #55
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda
*Darts eyes back and forth, makes sure the dust has settled*

Some of these issues(especially in the op) can be fixed with sliders, just saying.

Also, I know this will never happen, but if you go into the game with a mindset of: "This is going to be awesome!" You're going to tend to "see" more awesome things. If you go into the game thinking "Let's see what BS and glitches EA has in store" You're going to "see" more BS and glitches.

I hate to have to sound like a teacher, but an attitude adjustment could really improve a lot of your playing experiences.
While that sounded good and all, what happens when video reviews prove all that you just said completely wrong? Then what? Do you change your tune? When a game's base achievement is teaching someone how to cheat, exploit or glitch then it's a problem. For example, the CPU this year completely exploits the middle of the field A.I. weakness. Every team does this from Alabama down to lowly UL Monroe. So what does this do? It teaches you that the middle of the field no matter what is money when playing another USER.

So not sure how someone's attitude changing will fix the poor gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #56
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

The only thing other than not being able to fake them out is running ANY option run play out of the PISTOL or OPTION formation. Read Option doesn't work 99% of the time. Neither do some of the others.
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »