Home

Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

This is a discussion on Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
You mean like Appalachian State beating Michigan?
Good point; you're right, an FCS team beating a traditional FBS power. It does happen. I remember watching that game and being glued to the TV because I couldn't believe what was happening. In my defense though(sorry, have to you know lol), although it was an upset, App State had won the national championship the two previous years and then went on to win it the 2007 season as well.

In reality App State was maybe better than a lot of FBS teams that year if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
not at all, at least 1-2 "big" upsets happen each week, i've seen as many as 7 big upsets happen

i would call a top 10 team losing to an unranked team a big upset

then there's tons of minor upsets, like a 2-6 purdue team beating a 4-4 Illinois team
I concur. The 10 top in my dynasties is an ever revolving open door for teams. What is kinda funny though is a lot of times I see the teams that start in the top 10(the ones that should be there) end up there again(after losing multiple times and being booted) at the end of the season, but with 2-3 losses due to constant upsets.

Upsets happen every week in real life. But the type of upsets in this game happen far to often. It's fine if a 2-6 Purdue team beats a 4-4 Illinois team like Skulletor pointed out. The slight underdog team pull out wins like that every week across the country. I'm just not happy when I see WKU(sorry, only example I can think of currently) beating Alabama.

It's not that it's not possible; It is entirely is possible in the game and in real life. It's just unlikely and happens too often in the game. That's what kills me and a lot of other players I believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #42
Rookie

Lace Up's Arena

OVR: 1

Has anybody seen a game they played get into a studio update... I played two week one games at 12pm time and every update was about Navy upsetting Notre Dame. Then after I play the Navy-notre Dame game, I play another 12pm game and I do not see any updates from the Navy game, as they are replaced with updates from a different game.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #43
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
it's not a useless feature. I find it funny that people cried for better presentation, they add it. Now people complain about it. I personally would like them to implement it better for sim reasons or maybe to get vid highlights too but. It's not useless. I've felt more connected in this dynasty than I have in a long time. I don't just look at my team stats anymore. And the studio updates have helped make it feel like a college saturday
I don't know what planet you watch college football on, but these "studio updates" are hardly realistic. Case in point... about 99% of the time we "go to Reece Davis" it's about some scrub team upsetting a Top 20 ranked team.

I know in five different dynasties - mine - and four other people, that Arkansas State beat Oregon at Oregon in each one. Sounds scripted to me.

It's typical EA - they know no middle ground. They have no clue how to implement something that you only see once in a while or just a few times a year. Nope, w/ EA it's ALL or NOTHING!!! And it's pathetic!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #44
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

OVR: 0

I for one like the studio updates. I haven't had any crazy upsets in mine so far. The last one I just saw was #15 Nebraska losing to #8 Wisconsin. That seems like a pretty normal outcome to me. Sure it sounds scripted or awkward sometimes but that's a product of playing a video game. Berman didn't sound like Berman every second in NFL2K. (still bringing that game up? Smh)
Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #45
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Every thread I go on I see Der Juicen supporting EA full blast and never once listening to other people. Dude, you really think people come on here lying 100% of the time just to whine about EA? And when other people agree that there is a problem why is it that you never listen to that? And just it's people exaggerating or lying. And you always demand evidence like people actually want to take time out of their day to post a picture of it happening so that they can appease some stranger on the internet. Get off people's back's man. If you don't have something constructive to add go away. I only ever seem to find you defending EA blindly and reprimanding everyone. Now I'm not trying to insult you or anything but.. Please, stop attacking everyone. It's quite annoying. If people want to complain, let them. It's not your problem. I don't see an EA tag in your name or as your Avatar so I don't understand why you get so offended.

On topic, yes I see top ten teams get blown out by nobodies at least six or seven times a season. And I mean BLOWN OUT. Like 45-7. On Heisman. How? Lol. In one dynasty LSU got beat by FCS South 34 to 21. Really? The studio updates are cool but they needed Rece to say some more things to make it less repetitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #46
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
it's not a useless feature. I find it funny that people cried for better presentation, they add it. Now people complain about it. I personally would like them to implement it better for sim reasons or maybe to get vid highlights too but. It's not useless. I've felt more connected in this dynasty than I have in a long time. I don't just look at my team stats anymore. And the studio updates have helped make it feel like a college saturday
Couldn't have said it better!

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Old 07-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #47
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
On topic, yes I see top ten teams get blown out by nobodies at least six or seven times a season. And I mean BLOWN OUT. Like 45-7. On Heisman. How? Lol. In one dynasty LSU got beat by FCS South 34 to 21. Really? The studio updates are cool but they needed Rece to say some more things to make it less repetitive.

Seriously just from playing the demo I think I have heard all 22 of his lines, I don't think they got NEAR enough commentary from him to make this addition satisfactory. For something like this and as broad as this you need a WIDE AND I MEAN WIDE variety of commentary and thats something this is definitely lacking because I have heard him use the same line for two different updates in the same dynasty game.

That's just lack of trying right there, It's almost as bad as the 16 lines they gave Erin Andrews. Why can't we get any legit sideline reporting?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 4

EA is a prime "do it well, or don't do it at all"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »