Home

Mr. Nation's Relegation(Final)

This is a discussion on Mr. Nation's Relegation(Final) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mr. Nation's Relegation(Final)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
confused about this as well
It keeps the computer from scheduing the games that were meant to be played. Just a good idea to have everything refreshed after all the conference changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
In my quick view of the 15 team conference schedule I'm noticing a typical EA bug for custom conferences...LSU and Bama are still in the same division on my version of this, NOT playing each other in year 1. Not sure how that is possible...it seems every conference with 15 teams has this issue with the 8 team division side of randomly not playing one of the teams in the same division. I'm simming the season out to see what happens with the number of conference games...something obviously has to give in the logic there.

Still loving this set up though overall. I wish EA could do their scheduling logic right though, custom conference is a great feature otherwise IMO.
Noticed that too, but it doesnt bother me too much. I had spent too much time trying to hammer the big stuff out
Old 07-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnation8
It keeps the computer from scheduing the games that were meant to be played. Just a good idea to have everything refreshed after all the conference changes.
still dont know what u mean. what do u mean by meant to be played games?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnfootball77
still dont know what u mean. what do u mean by meant to be played games?
Press R1 to randomize schedule in preseason. If will ask you if you want to include known games
Old 07-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #29
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

EA has built a system where certain games (Texas/Oklahoma, Florida/Florida St, Ohio St/Michigan, Notre Dame/USC, etc) get played every year regardless of conference shifts. If for some reason one of those teams drops to a different tier, they'd still play the team in the next tier up. If they get an upset win and somehow go unbeaten, they could be in the NCG and that's what this system is trying to avoid.

I've begun running tests with these. Oregon beat LSU in the NCG in my first simulation. I'm getting ready to start season #2. I forget who all is moving up/down off hand. I'll post about it later when I get home.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #30
Rookie

sry im an idiot lol. i figured it out before i read this, but ya that makes sense i just didn't even know that was an option im more of an online guy the last couple years and never seen that before. I thought you were like manually editing everyones schedule i was like omg thats gonna take forever, but im going to implement this in my ocoordinator dyn. real cool idea and thanks for the detailed explanation.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtles
EA has built a system where certain games (Texas/Oklahoma, Florida/Florida St, Ohio St/Michigan, Notre Dame/USC, etc) get played every year regardless of conference shifts. If for some reason one of those teams drops to a different tier, they'd still play the team in the next tier up. If they get an upset win and somehow go unbeaten, they could be in the NCG and that's what this system is trying to avoid.

I've begun running tests with these. Oregon beat LSU in the NCG in my first simulation. I'm getting ready to start season #2. I forget who all is moving up/down off hand. I'll post about it later when I get home.
thats one of the reasons to not include known games in scheduling thing. Teams will still schedule some rivalry games here and there though as seasons progress. I don't know if it asks you about the "known games" thing after the first season, but if it does, then this should help it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #32
Rookie

i have yet to play out my first season but ill def post results as well. Im the ocoordinator at western michigan. wanted to start out at a 1 star as a defensive coordinator and i tried but my o was killing me so i decided to go this way.

Last edited by sjnfootball77; 07-22-2012 at 10:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »