Home

End of Recruiting Issue

This is a discussion on End of Recruiting Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
End of Recruiting Issue

This may be a minor post but I thought I might be overlooking something so I wanted to ask.

Is there any way to control which prospects sign at the last minute?

For example... if I've got 29 guys on my board at the end of week 5 offseason recruiting... and they all want to sign... Does the computer automatically sign the best 25? Or... can a lower rated player beat a more coveted player to the punch? I don't want my #14 recruit to miss his spot because my #29 player took it.

How does this work?

The last two seasons I've just been reducing my board to 25-27 players or so in week 5 to keep the lower rated people from taking a spot but the problem is I then only sign 23 guys at times instead of 25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: End of Recruiting Issue

I don't really know for sure how that would work but it shouldn't happen. You can only sign 25 total and normally most should be signed during the regular season. Typically you should only have a couple spots left by the end of off season and your board is normally down to a handful of targets.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8168
I don't really know for sure how that would work but it shouldn't happen. You can only sign 25 total and normally most should be signed during the regular season. Typically you should only have a couple spots left by the end of off season and your board is normally down to a handful of targets.
That's usually true when I play with a big school, but I'm using Umass and only in year 3 (which is why I need all 25 players lol). At the end of the year I usually have 15-20 spots left going into off-season recruiting. I'm doing well in recruiting. My worst class of the 3 years was ranked 22. It's just that I could use the extra 2 or 3 signees and am not sure how EA does it at the end of recruiting.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #4
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

The only sure way to do it is to only have 25 offers out at a time, if not it goes in order of who committed first, then it is likely random after that.

As a side note I would really like coach integrity to go down for over offering and over signing to where we have to cut scholarship players.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
As a side note I would really like coach integrity to go down for over offering and over signing to where we have to cut scholarship players.

That would be great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999

Why that is such a HORRIBLE IDEA! I recruit 25 guys and sign 25 guys every year. Why in the hell should my coaches integrity go down. If you are not cut out to make the roster even after I signed you tough ****. I basically have 25 commits. If I feel like I should cut a soph/junior I will do so as long as the FRESH is better.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Rookie

trigga58's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
Why that is such a HORRIBLE IDEA! I recruit 25 guys and sign 25 guys every year. Why in the hell should my coaches integrity go down. If you are not cut out to make the roster even after I signed you tough ****. I basically have 25 commits. If I feel like I should cut a soph/junior I will do so as long as the FRESH is better.
If they upped the teams to 89 and let you have a practice squad then it would make it more realistic and signing all those recruits will let you have your soph/junior Notre Dame
Rudy's.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
Because you are over-recruiting. How many kids are offered a scholarship, and then cut before they even step on the field? I don't think it happens very often.

You're really screwing a kid over if you offer him a scholarship ("Hey, I want you to come play for my team"), and then cut him before he even plays a down. Now he most likely can't go play elsewhere, because most schools have full rosters. You've pretty much just stolen a year of his football life.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »