Home

Why no real FCS teams?

This is a discussion on Why no real FCS teams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why no real FCS teams?

I guess I feel like the minority when I say that things like this really irk me to no end about this series. I'd rather the game play smoothly without the highest top-notch graphics. I'd rather features be available for both realism and customization in dynasty more than I want RTG or past Heisman trophy winner modes.

I think the very least they could do is allow us to import OVER the FCS teams with TeamBuilder if they can't go all out to add the entire division of teams. That way we could have our normal slots to add to the FBS, but be able to replace the FCS schools with our *favorite* teams from there to at least make it slightly more realistic for scheduling.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSStafarian
People have been arguing about this ever since they took them off the game, now there are a couple of reasons that been tossed around in the past.

1.Disk space
2.Getting the licensing
3.TeamBuilder

Honestly all are debatable as to why there are no FCS teams and I'm sure there are more.
These are just the talking point excuses that EA always gives. Don't fall for their BS.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

I hope that with the current landscape of realignment as well as the sheer number of FCS teams moving up to FBS or possibly moving up in the future they either give us something like the top 25 or they give us the option to put teambuilder teams in WITHOUT taking teams out so you could at least put them as an Indy team or as an FCS Team and then slowly move them to the FBS or something, but I am not betting on it...I was a bit disappointed last year when I had to move to PS3 because they stopped making the game for PS2 and there were no FCS teams...oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it and highly doubt it would ever happen but you never know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Rookie

xcanadaman9x's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I hope that with the current landscape of realignment as well as the sheer number of FCS teams moving up to FBS or possibly moving up in the future they either give us something like the top 25 or they give us the option to put teambuilder teams in WITHOUT taking teams out so you could at least put them as an Indy team or as an FCS Team and then slowly move them to the FBS or something, but I am not betting on it...I was a bit disappointed last year when I had to move to PS3 because they stopped making the game for PS2 and there were no FCS teams...oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it and highly doubt it would ever happen but you never know.
I believe the reason you can't bring in additional teams to dynasty is that it screws with the scheduling even more
NFL:Houston Texans
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
NHL:Buffalo Sabres
Old 07-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Rookie

gocards929's Arena

I would GLADLY pay $10-15 more for real, authentic FCS teams, but they'd have to include ALL of the conferences. In NCAA's on regular Xbox & PS2, they didn't have ones like the Big South (w/ Presbyterian), Pioneer FL, Patriot League or any of the FCS independents.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: STAND UNITED

University of South Carolina Class of 2017
Old 07-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #14
Rookie

trigga58's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSStafarian
People have been arguing about this ever since they took them off the game, now there are a couple of reasons that been tossed around in the past.

1.Disk space
2.Getting the licensing
3.TeamBuilder

Honestly all are debatable as to why there are no FCS teams and I'm sure there are more.

Make it a dlc add-on. Doesn't have to go on the disc.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

its ashame that all of these teams were on the game in the PS2 days and they can't get them in now.....but even with that being said I would still be willing to pay for DLC for all of them and I do see this coming in '14.....Man it sure would make scheduling a lot more fun and even better it would be a blast having a full FCS dynasty

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
Rookie

trigga58's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick11
its ashame that all of these teams were on the game in the PS2 days and they can't get them in now.....but even with that being said I would still be willing to pay for DLC for all of them and I do see this coming in '14.....Man it sure would make scheduling a lot more fun and even better it would be a blast having a full FCS dynasty
It would also make coaching awesome. Go from a FCS oc/DC and getting promoted up to head coach of an elite FBS team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »