Home

Can someone please explain...

This is a discussion on Can someone please explain... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can someone please explain...

to me the logic behind the BCS in the game? I started my dynasty with Tennessee...Won my first 9 games and was ranked #1 in the country...I get beat my Mizzou and my record was 9-1 and I dropped to #11 in the rankings...With only one team undefeated (Utah) and one other team having one loss (Michigan)...The rest of the top 10 was 2 loss teams and one team with 3 losses (Michigan St)...And so Im like ok thats fine it will work itself out when I finish the season (2 more games)...So I win out and nows its time for the Conference Championship week...

Ranked as #8 still behind a handful of 2 loss teams and a 3 loss team, I was facing #18 Auburn
#1 Utah (Undefeated) was facing #5 Washington (2 losses)
#2 Michigan vs unranked Purdue...

So Im like surely with 1 loss and winning the SEC, and both Utah and Michigan lose, I would move up to the BCS National Title game...

Well that is how exactly it plays out - Washington beats Utah and moves to #1 and Purdue beats Michigan which vaulted Oklahoma (2 loss team) to the National title game and I got stuck with the Sugar Bowl...

Now how does that make any sense????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Can someone please explain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey0210
to me the logic behind the BCS in the game? I started my dynasty with Tennessee...Won my first 9 games and was ranked #1 in the country...I get beat my Mizzou and my record was 9-1 and I dropped to #11 in the rankings...With only one team undefeated (Utah) and one other team having one loss (Michigan)...The rest of the top 10 was 2 loss teams and one team with 3 losses (Michigan St)...And so Im like ok thats fine it will work itself out when I finish the season (2 more games)...So I win out and nows its time for the Conference Championship week...

Ranked as #8 still behind a handful of 2 loss teams and a 3 loss team, I was facing #18 Auburn
#1 Utah (Undefeated) was facing #5 Washington (2 losses)
#2 Michigan vs unranked Purdue...

So Im like surely with 1 loss and winning the SEC, and both Utah and Michigan lose, I would move up to the BCS National Title game...

Well that is how exactly it plays out - Washington beats Utah and moves to #1 and Purdue beats Michigan which vaulted Oklahoma (2 loss team) to the National title game and I got stuck with the Sugar Bowl...

Now how does that make any sense????
I am going to say strength of schedule came in to play and slapped you in the face.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

poll logic is a bit weird this year, because in the past conference prestige determined the poll, but now the poll determines conference prestige (which also determines the poll???)

with all the upsets in NCAA 13, there's a good chance the SEC fell in conference prestige
Old 07-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I thought about that as well with the strength of schedule, but I mean Georgia finished top 15, and then alabama, south carolina, and florida all finished the season within top 25...

i just didnt understand how it was possible for an SEC team to finish the season with 1 loss and the SEC championship would get ranked lower than 5 or 6 two loss teams and a team with 3 losses...

That logic needs to be re patched or something

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »