Home

Dynasty Gems and Busts

This is a discussion on Dynasty Gems and Busts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5
Dynasty Gems and Busts

Imo ncaa took a great step this year with gems and busts so that a five star is not always better than a 3 star. But i find it very unrealistic that you know if its a bust or gem before the guy gets on campus, it could say if the player is looking good or bad but in real life you dont know if its a gem or bust until well maybe a few years, And certainly not before he gets there. For example Brett Hundley a quarterback at ucla was a five star recruit and now after he redshirted we dont know if he was a gem or bust, ucla didnt know the season before so imo neither should we. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Gems and Busts

I like it, even though it is exact it is scouting. The star rating is s real thing, and coaches go and scout people and figure out whether or not they think they are better than other coaches do. Video games can't be as arbitrary as real life...
Old 07-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

gem and bust isn't a literal term, don't even think about it like that. if a player drops from 86 to 79, technically he's a bust, but he's still a 79 ovr and is going to be pretty dang good. people are blowing the term bust and gem way out of proportion...
Old 07-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
Rookie

AGG_JD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateraider
gem and bust isn't a literal term, don't even think about it like that. if a player drops from 86 to 79, technically he's a bust, but he's still a 79 ovr and is going to be pretty dang good. people are blowing the term bust and gem way out of proportion...
So true! A Bust in an Alabama's recruiters eyes would be a Gem for a UMass recruiter. It depends on which side you are on.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
Rookie

I agree with you. I wish it would be so that it gives you an 'idea' that he may be a bust or Gem but not straight out tell you right away that he is either...as an example 8+ or 8- better than he was originally thought to be. I would rather wait until you get the players on the roster to find out what they are rated exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 04:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateraider

I dont think that is what he was trying to say. I think he is saying that you shouldn't already know how good a particular player is going to be from scouting him before he even gets on the roster. In real life a certain player may look great from watching videos and combines but you really dont know how good he is until he practices and plays a few games(or many games) for that college he chooses.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major9
I dont think that is what he was trying to say. I think he is saying that you shouldn't already know how good a particular player is going to be from scouting him before he even gets on the roster. In real life a certain player may look great from watching videos and combines but you really dont know how good he is until he practices and plays a few games(or many games) for that college he chooses.
Yeah that was my point
Old 07-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
Rookie

I like that the game tells you up-front in that regard, because it makes scouting instantly rewarding, and a really fun part of the game. If you scout a 5 star player, who after fully scouted goes from an 86 down to an 80 ovr and is labeled a bust, he will still be a better player than a 2 star player who is a 65 ovr gem, and that 5 star player will still be more difficult to recruit. Compare this to scouting in Madden 12, where so often you scout a guy, who looks great, even after unlocking his full ratings, he will be an 80 ovr in madden, but then you sign him and he has D potential. Nothing infuriated me more than that, and it was way too prevalent.

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »